Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description:

Like the dash that changes to a different colour everytime, but for in game names. Obviously using the colours from the current colour name change list:

Either have one you can buy that lets you access the whole range of colours, or just certain groups of colours, for example:

Group 1:

Group 2:

Group 3:

What do you guys think of this? Maybe it's a better idea for VIP's, I don't know. Is this something you would buy?

2. The following 4 users say thank you to Resort for this useful post:

69 (10-11-2016), Fay (09-29-2016), GeorgeGFX (09-29-2016), Stuwadie (09-29-2016)

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    What are you brasilian?

Cool idea, however I'm not sure if it'll cause database confusion? Unless it doesn't change the colour code (^1) and it's the same for everyone who purchases it, so their name stays original.

Notorious > BUY VIP COLOUR BLUE > Notorious (now blue) however still original and can still be whispered as just /w Notorious
    Last edited by Notorious; 09-29-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Although (some) players will like this idea, it will be a pain when it comes to reports and looking up people for staff members though.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

5. The following user said thank you to Dave for this useful post:

69 (10-11-2016)

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    From the gm perspective I have to say no. Will make it even way more confusing when people are going to report each other. Most of the time people dont even include their colors/full name when they report someone and we have to go look it up for ourselves, I can imagine how this will get a shitton more confusing unless there's a good system

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Although (some) players will like this idea, it will be a pain when it comes to reports and looking up people for staff members though.
    Maybe that's why it would be better to make it for VIP only, if you see their actual name on the scoreboard, it's not really a problem is it? But I guess that causes a hassle.

Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    What are you brasilian?

Cool idea, however I'm not sure if it'll cause database confusion? unless it doesn't change the colour code (^1) and it's the same for everyone who purchases it, so their name stays original.
    Yes, that's the idea. It wouldn't change the colour code in the name.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    wouldnt it be possible to leave the normal name ( with colours , or without ) on TAB / scoreboard so people still have a chance to report they just have to screenshot the scoreboard in order to report

Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Maybe that's why it would be better to make it for VIP only, if you see their actual name on the scoreboard, it's not really a problem is it? But I guess that causes a hassle.
    *Cough* read what I wrote

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    If it doesn't add a colour code to the name then it wouldn't cause confusion since when you TAB to scoreboard the name would appear normal (Notorious), however in the game chat box my name would appear blue?

Then again when it came to spam reports, there may be an issue since the FG Lobby chatbox doesn't show colour codes there, so anyone could impersonate a user who has an "original colour" name by copying them with the same colours however using colour codes.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    If it doesn't add a colour code to the name then it wouldn't cause confusion since when you TAB to scoreboard the name would appear normal (Notorious), however in the game chat box my name would appear blue?

Then again when it came to spam reports, there may be an issue since the FG Lobby chatbox doesn't show colour codes there, so anyone could impersonate a user who has an "original colour" name by copying them with the same colours however using colour codes.
    only for ingame i guess thats what im understanding from resort his suggestion , in lobby it will stay the same

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Stuwadie View Post
    only for ingame i guess thats what im understanding from resort his suggestion , in lobby it will stay the same
    Whatever makes it easier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information