Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Stuwadie View Post
    only for ingame i guess thats what im understanding from resort his suggestion , in lobby it will stay the same
    Im not sure if it's possible to code such a thing? Unless you make the colour name a slottable item? Like your weapons etc are.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Im not sure if it's possible to code such a thing? Unless you make the colour name a slottable item? Like your weapons etc are.
    no clue im not a coder someone with coding expierence should reply if this is possible or not or maby run a test if they have their current tasks done for the upcoming patch

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    How about if every in game account / character was assigned a unique account #number like they do on battle.net and discord and like it is on the forum, so that if someone wanted to report another player they can look up the number on the in game scoreboard and maybe even in the in game chat, lobby and fgunz.net individual player profile as well to make it consistent and then put that in the report thread, which would make it way easier for the GM's to identify the exact player. This would hopefully mean that there would be no confusion between twin characters and the colours in the names.
    Last edited by Resort; 09-29-2016 at 08:28 PM.

4. The following user said thank you to Resort for this useful post:

Stuwadie (09-29-2016)

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Resort View Post
    How about if every in game account / character was assigned a unique account #number like they do on battle.net and discord and like it is on the forum, so that if someone wanted to report another player they can look up the number on the in game scoreboard and maybe even in the in game chat, lobby and fgunz.net individual player profile as well to make it consistent and then put that in the report thread, which would make it way easier for the GM's to identify the exact player. This would hopefully mean that there would be no confusion between twin characters and the colours in the names.
    he put in suggestion , solution , lets make it happen !
    Last edited by Resort; 09-29-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Resort View Post
    That's like a solution to a problem that doesn't have to exist. :>
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Resort's Avatar Aloha

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    That's like a solution to a problem that doesn't have to exist. :>
    Would still be a good idea to have anyway right? Just for making reports easier and identifying twin accounts.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    What are you brasilian?

Cool idea, however I'm not sure if it'll cause database confusion? Unless it doesn't change the colour code (^1) and it's the same for everyone who purchases it, so their name stays original.

Notorious > BUY VIP COLOUR BLUE > Notorious (now blue) however still original and can still be whispered as just /w Notorious
    It wouldn't have to change the colour code like you're thinking. The ZChat function accepts an optional parameter of colour. So if we'd like, we can just say

Code:
    MCOLOR(0xFFE2EF7)
    and we'd get a Pink output without using a ^.

9. The following user said thank you to Modal for this useful post:

Stuwadie (09-29-2016)

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Honestly, it's a good and creative idea, but I gotta go with no on this one. This game is already colorful enough. If we just keep splashing rainbows everywhere we're all going to get migraines playing this game lol.

What I do like about this suggestion though is the # code, like Discord does, to distinguish between characters with similar appearing names (shoutout to Failure and FaiIure you twin fokrs).

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

11. The following user said thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Resort (09-29-2016)

Freestyler

Thanks
    I'd like your suggestion BUT i think that this need be for staff members only.

μ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
    From the gm perspective I have to say no. Will make it even way more confusing when people are going to report each other. Most of the time people dont even include their colors/full name when they report someone and we have to go look it up for ourselves, I can imagine how this will get a shitton more confusing unless there's a good system
    How about making it so just the text colour changes and the name stays the same

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information