Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grascen's Avatar Original Elite

Country
    Thanks
    So, you want to be a D-stylist? First off, make sure and read the guide here.

Now, read it? Good. Now here's comes the point of the thread.

In D-style, there are the true professionals and the rookies. What separates the pros from the rookies? It isn't just skill. One thing I learned from both Ijji and FGunZ is that all the true pros tended to focus on a few different moves. I've followed this ideal, and worked on certain moves, instead of others. I've benefited well from this ideal. Others have as well. Your playing style can really determine what kind of D-style moves you'll want to learn, so I've put up a list. Moves marked as (must) are suggested.

Rage D-Stylist

Aggressive, high damage, goes in to deal as much damage possible
    -Moves to learn: Dagger-hop, JSD(must), Dagger-Train, Dagger-Machine(must), Block tap(must), Magician switch, Dagger Piston
    -Weapons: All Sprays, Rockets(suggested), Shotguns
    -Description: Your objective as a Rage D-stylist is to get to the enemy as quick as possible and do as much damage as possible. You probably will die(be sure to bring meds) if you can't figure out when to run away.
    -Strengths: Deals heavy damage, useful for attack and defense
    -Weaknesses: You will probably be the first to die

Speed D-Stylist

Aggressive, fast, silent, surprising
    -Moves to learn: Dagger-hop(must), Dagger train, JSD(must), Dagger-Machine, Space Invaders(must), Block tap(must), Shimmering Machine(must), FSS(must), Dagger-Juggle, Ghost evade(must), Magician switch, Dagger Piston
    -Weapons: Rifle(s), Shotguns, Revs, Rockets
    -Description: Fast, Silent, deadly. You are the assassin of the D-Stylists. You move fast and strike hard.
    -Strengths: Deals nice damage, Catches enemy by surprise, Mostly unsuspected
    -Weaknesses: You messing up a block tap, multiple people with massives

Yo-Yo/Movement D-Stylist

Shooter, good aim, deadly
    -Moves to learn: JSD(must), Yo-Yo(must), E-lunge, FFS(must), Dagger-hop, Block tap(must), JSF, Aim(must), Dash Shimmer, Dagger hop(must)
    -Weapons: Snipers, Revs, Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols
    -Description: The dead-eye of D-stylist. You'll be dishing out damage mostly with your guns, while using your dagger to move around and defend yourself in tight situations.
    -Strengths: Spray/Yo-Yo > Most things, hits from afar
    -Weaknesses: Close quarters combat tends to get rough, you can run out of ammo

Evasive D-Stylist

Dodges shots, most balanced, hardest to kill
    -Moves to learn: E-lunge(must), Yo-Yo(must), Dagger hop(must), Space invaders(must), Dash Shimmer, Block Tap, Ghost evade, Magician switch, Dagger-Piston
    -Weapons: All weapons
    -Description: The hardest to hit. You'll tend to E-lunge away and Space invade forward. You force the enemy to become too offensive, and put himself/herself out in the open.
    -Strengths: Hardest to hit, hard for your opponent to adapt to, puts enemies in bad places
    -Weaknesses: Stalkers, Too much spray, Aggressive people who know when to back off

Now that we've reached the end of the guide, I must remind you that learning the specified moves is all just a suggestion. You can learn whichever/as many moves as you like, as well as use as whatever weapons you like. These suggestions are only what seems to work well with each of the four aspects.

Q & A:

Q. Are you trying to pass these off as styles?
    A. No. These are only ideals that you can master one aspect of the moves to make it easier on you.

Q. How can I learn these moves?
    A. Practice, Practice, Practice. If you can, find a mentor to teach you tricks to the moves.

Credits: Nitro, Jakanadin, Strider, Taylorx3, AznNinja, BloodLegion

Note: I will update this post whenever something comes up. Also, if this gets enough love, then I'll sticky it, later on.
    Last edited by Grascen; 08-09-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Thread Information