Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    Many points here are valid but, what I don't get is how so many people say "just revert v7 things" it's so unreasonable. Imagine you've been working on a project for years, and you're finally satisfied with it, when it's released it doesn't get the positive response you expect. What are you most likely to do after all that hard work, try to improve it or trash all of it and go back?

What I'm trying to say is just be a bit more mindful of people's efforts, not only current but ex developers that put in a lot of time for v8, ok it didn't turn out as expected, too many changes, you're asking for improvements, that's fine. But don't go asking them to trash all their work over the years that's just disrespectful.
    While that makes perfect sense, it doesn't matter much at this point because gems and weapon upgrades were the most significant changes in v8, and they are already gone. If the devs/administrators have already gotten rid of two main features (gems & weapon upgrades) they put so much effort into, I don't see why they decide not to do something about the hitbox. The point here is, they already chose to forego a large chunk of their hardwork, so there is really no shame in going with old hitboxes, either. It will make players nothing but happy. Obviously, there is no need to revert fully by going with the orange v7 interface or [R] again.

At this point, reverting would pretty much mean bringing back old hitboxes and re-balancing weapons—two crucial aspects that will determine the future of competitive gameplay on this server, as players have quit over them.

Even if they did stick to the new hitbox all this while out of respect for the ex-developers who worked on it, I can only say that the experiment has lasted nearly a year and the outcome has been disastrous. It's time for a change.
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 08-02-2018 at 11:48 PM.

2. The following 3 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Camel (08-03-2018), Nerval (08-03-2018), skaterreborn (08-06-2018)

Thread Information