Even though we all know 10x is largely exaggerated, I'll give an explanation from my point of view.

1st notice: '*Event* @ the event channel': This is used to let players know which event is being hosted, this is said at the beginning of every event, because there might be people who want to play certain events. Which means if they play the 1st and dont play the 2nd, they will still be able to know which event is going to be 3rd.

2nd notice: This could be either '2nd call for *Event*', '*Event* is starting in ~ minutes' or '*Event* is starting now! This is used to let players know the event is starting in a certain amount of time. The '2nd call for *Event*' is used when there are less than 6 players in the event, in which case there might be some people who haven't seen the notice and still want to join.

3rd notice: '*Event* is still going on!. I only ever use this when the event has less than 8 players or if the event has been going on for a while.

I personally don't think that these uses of the admin wall are annoying in the slightest. They're used with a purpose and is definitely not classified as spamming. However, if the devs are willing to spend their time on making a checkbox to toggle the notices, I'm all for it.