Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Why would hackers use their hacks in training rooms or any other modes that they don't gain anything relevant (such as EXP, ranking)? Shotbot is a hack, it's a known thing. Once again, calling a macro "hack" is too strict. Your madness towards macro users is understandable but, calm down. There are Game Moderators who already take care of the reports which are related to it. If they find Macro as something that should be bannable, they'll change the rules accordingly. They haven't done it yet, so it seems like it's not necessary.

Why would hackers use their hacks in training rooms or any other modes that they don't gain anything relevant (such as EXP, ranking)?

People cheat for various reasons. One of them is to show off how good you are to people. The platform doesnt matter. It's the recognition. Some just enjoy making others suffer. There's a plethora of reasons for them to do so.

Shotbot is a hack, it's a known thing. Once again, calling a macro "hack" is too strict.

It's a form of cheating. Cheating should have a zero tolerance for the competitive integrity of the game. Also i would like to point out that most of the hacks on gunz are and have always been made in the macro softwares like logitechs etc, since it runs in kernel and without intrusive anticheat are impossible to weed out. So by taking out the macro users we might on an accident take a few shotbotters out too. Truly a shame.

Your madness towards macro users is understandable but, calm down. There are Game Moderators who already take care of the reports which are related to it. If they find Macro as something that should be bannable, they'll change the rules accordingly. They haven't done it yet, so it seems like it's not necessary.

We are not here to discuss about whether or not the Staff is doing their job properly or not. That is not up for contention here. What we are here to discuss is whether or not the macro should be treated like the other forms of cheating we have present such as shotbot, hitbox etc.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that using macro should be bannable as well as using UC/OC, etc. However, if using macro would have been flatted out bannable, it might decrease the player-count per day. Sticking extremely and strictly to the rules or aggravating the rules don't bring joy for this game for sure. Also, I agree that in the last few months warnings were given incessantly but, automatic banishments are not a better solution nor the best one.

Try to apply that logic to anything else and you see how quickly it falls apart. "We shouldn't put criminals into prison. This might decrease the amout of people on the streets."
    Last edited by Awful; 05-14-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Thread Information