Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tungsten's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    I've been playing GunZ since it's release in the summer of 2005 and I would really like to get in on helping design this map, I'm no good at the design but I can definitely lend a guiding hand.

I forgot who said it but someone said the other maps were designed with k-style in mind --- No they weren't. The dash cancel, flip/wall cancels, butterfly and slash shots were all found out INCREDIBLY quickly, however k-style was never mentioned or found out until the game's release.

I believe a SLIGHTLY mirrored map would work WELL. Everything could be mirrored up to a certain point in the map, where it opens up to an asymmetric playing field, maybe some boxes (like in that side alley of town) off to the side people can potshot and slightly camp from, some space for people that like to flank and wall-run/wall-cancel a couple cars off to one side and maybe a train on the other, or a train running through the center with like two of those flat carts so people walk across it with no problem (the train will be slightly in the map, like a subway, and the flat cart will be raised just enough to walk smoothly over). Players could walk through the space or wall cancel over the train to fight. This creates an ideal fighting style for all people, around these boxes, the train, the running space. People are free to potshot, camp, rush, wall-run, flank and all sorts of things.

The HP/AP respawns could be back at spawn, make it take ~10-13 seconds to run back to spawn.

I think it's about time there was a map specifically designed for CW, so everything is fair, nobody complaining about which side is better to spawn at, etc.

EDIT:

I think that the texture should be changed to a color not so dark, as some players could use certain outfits/avatars to blend into the texture. I believe some type of coloring from Town or Factory would be best placed here. They are very NEUTRAL colors, not too bright like castle or too dark like dungeon (or skillmaps)

I also support the use of lightmap, I use it in archetype, feels more like a map, LOL.
    Last edited by Tungsten; 01-29-2014 at 02:43 AM.

-----------------------------------------
    "Just a man by his questions,
    not by his answers."
    -Voltaire

Thread Information