Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jianyu's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    ~~DENZIENS OF FGUNZ PLEASE READ AND PROCESS THIS POST AND THE REPLIES BEFORE COMMENTING!! PLEASE DON'T JUST READ THE TITLE!!~~

I've addressed many "issues" below in the replies. IF YOU NEED ANY CLARIFICATION FOR ANYTHING, PLEASE ASK ME!!! Sorry for the annoying formatting ahead of time, I feel it's important to make my main points very clear!!

Suggestion type:
    FGunZ

Suggestion description: Simply force all melee weps in rooms with [glad] tag, or alternatively and preferably, a new seperate roomtag (i.e. [1DO] = lvl 1 Dmg Only or [RDO] = rusty dmg only) to be 15 dmg or whatever the rusty equivalent is, doesn't really matter to me if daggers do 15. I don't see why this wasn't done in the first place since all of deviok's other arbitrary rules were put in (i.e. no flip) and for those of whom don't know, one of the lil rules is "Use a rusty sword". Everyone I've talked to likes the idea since no one likes getting 4 hit killed because massives do about a billion dmg with lvl 75+ swords, let alone VIP sword dmg and stuff...

I'm sure it's possible, and it'd make the game a lot more enjoyable rather than having to play completely differently cause some (probably 150 ping) lvl 90 moron with his "lvl 3,000 Mecha-giga Demon Slaying Super Hammer" is just spamming massives hoping to get lucky.

The whole point of the [glad] tag is to accommodate the arbitrary rules that competitive glad ppl follow. One of those is rusties only. There's a [dmg2] [dmg3] mod, [sgo] [sro] (shotguns only/revolvers only/some other one too) or whatever. Why can't we have the same sort of idea for gladiator?...

It's a change that WILL get older players playing again, at least from a gladiator sense. It was never a huge community, but the main reason (outside of growing up and being busy) that people quit was because of piss sword abusers and high ping ppl after Aeria went down. Solving one of those two issues would be great. Atm most glads when they wanna be competitive just make 5-6 man private rooms lol. It's suffocating what's left of the community.

Or maybe it could be a different tag like [v] so people could make their rooms with piss sword if they wanted? Similar to [sgo] or [dmg2]

Edit: JUST TO REITERATE!! NO GLADIATOR IS BUYING DONOR SWORDS BECAUSE OF THEIR DMG!! MOST GLADS DONT WANT A 32 DMG WEAPON!! They (me) would buy them for looks if they could have 15 dmg!! GUNNERS (AKA 90% OF THE COMMUNITY) WILL STILL BUY DONOR SWORD AND USE IT IN GUNNING GAMES/GAMES WITHOUT THE TAG!!! Also, people could just make rooms without the rusty damage tag if they wanted to piss sword. Thanks for reading!! (if you did)
    Last edited by Jianyu; 01-16-2017 at 08:20 PM.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Jianyu for this useful post:

ManEnough (01-18-2017), ohkage (01-16-2017)

Thread Information