Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Slumped.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    Hey, welcome back to gunz!
    Here are my opinions to your questions

1. This is what I call finger rust and since I've also taken long breaks from gunz I know with a little bit of effort you can easily regain your former speed, It's like riding a bike, once you learn how to you will never forget, but the balancing takes some time to re-learn. In my opinion your keybinds don't matter, I've seen skilled players with crazy hard keyboard combinations, I personally use Q as flip, R as reload, E as block, 1, 2 and 3 to switch between weapons. (I made a video to show-case my alien keybinds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfbotHTbKA)

2. Some keybinds give you certain advantages in terms of movement, but I still believe that keybinds are not too important, for example with my weird keybinds I cannot walk left and reloadshot since I am holding A with the finger I reload with. What I meant by not too important is, there is no such thing as "perfect keybinds", everyone uses their own "freestyle", focusing on keybinds is more time consuming than just practicing your current ones.

3. TBF is useless, you can easily learn it in 3~ days with enough practice, but it's a waste of time, if you can DBF consistently that's all you need.

4. Insta is definitely a good skill to learn and you can ask someone to train it with you, make sure to buy the "Training Sword" which deals 0 dmg.

My advice to you is to just use training sgs and jump around and shoot around in a training room, the purpose of this is to train muscle memory and to warm up your fingers to complex combinations not to certainly practice how you would play in a real competitive room.

It's not that you're low level, its probably because you:
    a) look noobish
    b) you don't have high level shotguns, or donor shotguns
    c) you are too passive
    d) you play on male

If you don't know what donation shotguns are, they are shotguns you can buy for real money, but they give you a huge advantage compared to your low level shotties that you're using right now.
    If you plan on buying them, buy these two ones.
    https://i.imgur.com/nQzO4QC.png
    Appreciate the great response! =) I've just grown to using right click as reload now, and keep MB4 as flip, idk why, it just feels more comfortable to me. With TBF i just see certain people doing it, idk who, but they just style on everyone doing it, and that's partly why i wanted to learn it :p Also, with insta, ive somewhat learned it, but not to a perfect extent, just slightly know what I'm doing, and as well as using the training ones is what I do if i practice on another person. I do sit in training rooms a lot to try and get better at what I am doing and getting used to doing such moves.

With the whole level thing
    a. you're probably right, i just probably should stick in the train rooms until i feel more comfortable with my ability.
    b. i bought the Infinity since it was on sale, and plan to buy the genesis next, or duelisto, but i also won the red donation shotgun in a box, so i may just stick with it for the 45 days.
    c. i play extremely aggro when actually trying to duel someone or multiples.
    d. not at all, never liked the male model

Overall, thank you so much for the well thought out answer.

2. The following user said thank you to Arso for this useful post:

Amers (12-31-2017)

Thread Information