Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
Thanks for the effort you put in the thread, got one thing to outline though:

I can't agree with your last point here, how a player's unban would impact playercount should never be a factor to take into consideration when dealing with an appeal. If we did that then it would be unfair, we'd basically be saying "you're famous so we should consider unbanning you", while people who aren't wouldn't have that privilege. Can't say I'm too fond of that.

We're actually a lot more lenient with unban appeals now than we were before due to this thread last year, people have constantly accused GMs of being too lenient and saying things like:

https://i.imgur.com/fXA4Nln.png

So when it comes to unbans I think nothing needs to be changed in that aspect.
I mustve worded that wrong. Obviously, a player's fame should never be considered when doing an unban appeal. I only meant to view a possibility of having more players when said player is unbanned. In example, once one is unbanned they reach out to a friend (who potentially stopped playing since they were banned) and then so on. Obviously I'm not saying like "Go tell your friends to come to fg cause youre unbanned now", but like just the action alone should be enough to grab the attention of said friends. Sorry im kinda spinning in circles here I just have slight trouble explaining what im trying to say. All in all, I'm not asking for a complete reform of the unbans and I do get that its already more lenient as it is, but I'm more leaning towards being more lenient as to HOW they get banned. Obviously some things shouldnt be joked about and harassment is a serious thing even if its over the internet. I dont doubt any of the staff's ability to detect any hacks (although some may be more difficult to detect than others), but if even one person amongst the staff have the slightest thoughts that maybe the person making the appeal should be unbanned. I hope even that slight thought is taken to consideration.