Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    Yea that's what I was referring to with smoke nades was negating the damage dealt. Even though you hardly ever get hit with the smoke nades...

Hell, you could just label them all as rings of some sort instead of adding the third slot. Maybe have a ring that prevents you from being stunned by stun nades and mines. A "fire ring" to prevent you from taking any fire damage. Some kind of ring that reduces damage from snipers so instead of 70 damage it does like 50?

I think having it as a third slot though and not having an impact on weight is important so as to somewhat encourage other players to use them rather than avoid them all together. Try to add a new element into the game with options to counter certain things.
    Or we add more rings so you have to change your setup per room?
    Anti smoke rings and such.

Also the model I was thinking about is the CS terrorist model we have, perhaps we could apply anti smoke to that headpiece as an effect.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Or we add more rings so you have to change your setup per room?
    Anti smoke rings and such.

Also the model I was thinking about is the CS terrorist model we have, perhaps we could apply anti smoke to that headpiece as an effect.
    The only thing is that smoke nades are hardly ever used, so it wouldn't make much sense to add only one item that can counter when the item it's countering hardly sees any use.

I really like the simplistic idea of just making all the counter items as rings though. Less work involved...however I feel as if it should have it's own slot in the setup though. So you have your normal health rings and weight rings in rings slot 1 and 2...then have the counter rings for a ring slot 3...?

But if the idea is taken serious then it would be nice to have them added as actual clothing items. Flak Jacket, Gas Mask, Sunglasses, etc. Maybe for the stuns and mines counter item it could be special shoes/boots?

But if some of the counter item ideas can't be thought up into apparel, then the ring direction might be best. Or maybe just add some kind of resistance setup/class option? idk
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    The only thing is that smoke nades are hardly ever used, so it wouldn't make much sense to add only one item that can counter when the item it's countering hardly sees any use.
    Its still realistic to implement rings that counter smoke even if theres only 1 smoke generating item, because even if it doesn't get much use, usage might increase based on lack of resistances to that specific weapon, its a balance between usefulness and counter-play

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Its still realistic to implement rings that counter smoke even if theres only 1 smoke generating item, because even if it doesn't get much use, usage might increase based on lack of resistances to that specific weapon, its a balance between usefulness and counter-play
    Oh nono. I was coming from the assumption that Stephan only wanted to add in an item to counter smoke while not adding any other counter items along with it (fire, flash, nades, etc) but now that I reread it's clear that wasn't the idea. I'm all for it.

Although I do think smoke nades need to be reworked/rethought as they're very underwhelming even with the damage...but that's for a different topic.

@StephanM , I agree. Stick with new rings and no extra slots.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks

I really like the simplistic idea of just making all the counter items as rings though. Less work involved...however I feel as if it should have it's own slot in the setup though. So you have your normal health rings and weight rings in rings slot 1 and 2...then have the counter rings for a ring slot 3...?

But if the idea is taken serious then it would be nice to have them added as actual clothing items. Flak Jacket, Gas Mask, Sunglasses, etc. Maybe for the stuns and mines counter item it could be special shoes/boots?

But if some of the counter item ideas can't be thought up into apparel, then the ring direction might be best. Or maybe just add some kind of resistance setup/class option? idk
    In the old days there were already resistance rings vs fire, ice, poison and lightning where players had to choose between those or just HP OR AP rings, we have mixed rings so personally I rather stick with new rings but no extra slots.

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    In the old days there were already resistance rings vs fire, ice, poison and lightning where players had to choose between those or just HP OR AP rings, we have mixed rings so personally I rather stick with new rings but no extra slots.
    This suggestion is interesting. Other than making new rings, it's also possible to make these items via JJangs. Or perhaps to even add some sort of status effects to dashes (based on the color?).

Spoiler!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    This suggestion is interesting. Other than making new rings, it's also possible to make these items via JJangs. Or perhaps to even add some sort of status effects to dashes (based on the color?).
    What kind of status effects come to mind? Also I've never used or even known what JJangs were/are. Aren't they the little animal critters that sit atop your shoulder in game?

justRelax's Avatar The name says it all.

Country
    Thanks
    What kind of status effects come to mind? Also I've never used or even known what JJangs were/are. Aren't they the little animal critters that sit atop your shoulder in game?
    Nothing comes to mind, just thinking of using existing slots for more functionality. However there are many types of JJANG's, in Quest you can win some that grant a small amount of elemental resistance, or +1 Max Weight. Other times you can use it as a Cosmetic aka VIP JJANG or when we Staff equip our JJANG which states our role.

JJANG aren't those small animal critters lol, that's from the Cosmetic Box.

Spoiler!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by justRelax View Post
    Nothing comes to mind, just thinking of using existing slots for more functionality. However there are many types of JJANG's, in Quest you can win some that grant a small amount of elemental resistance, or +1 Max Weight. Other times you can use it as a Cosmetic aka VIP JJANG or when we Staff equip our JJANG which states our role.

JJANG aren't those small animal critters lol, that's from the Cosmetic Box.
    Oh. So dumb question but I'm assuming those quest Jjangs are usable within PVP rooms? If so I might have to start playing quest lol... I want an animal critter now

I'm only familiar with the VIP Jjangs and those Moderator role Jjangs. I think I recall seeing a querst box jjang once also.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    The origin of jjang is sort of image shown above the players head displaying a text along the lines of 'the best/good'.
    Is is something along those lines.

11. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Desecration (01-09-2023)

Thread Information