Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    So would you rather us let everyone go hog-wild Trencal? I mean, earlier there was a problem with a member talking about suicide. Should I just let everyone make fun of him and such? It's one thing to lose a member, and another to hear about them die. There are RULES, Trencal. If people cannot follow them, it isn't our problem. It IS our problem to do something to fix it though. You're right, this is a Private Server, and it is much closer, but rules are rules. We cannot just have an anarchy and let everyone do what they want. Order needs to be set. This isn't in-game, everything doesn't just clear once you leave. It all stays until someone deletes it. And spamming is against the Terms of Service, so, that means they are breaking the rules we set for them. Are they hard to follow? I'd think not. Look how long this post is.

So from what you're trying to say is, I guess you'd much rather us let everyone do whatever their little sweet minds desire on our Forums. Well that isn't going to fly. Rules are meant to keep order, and if they don't, we do. I've seen COUNTLESS people leave Freestyle because "Too many people are getting away with shit." Well I'm sorry that I want to finally do my job correctly and enforce the rules better. I can understand this IS a Private Server, and you all are my friends, but my job comes first. And I'd expect you to understand the most out of anyone Trencal.

2. The following user said thank you to Jakanadin for this useful post:

Marvin (08-09-2010)

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    So would you rather us let everyone go hog-wild Trencal? I mean, earlier there was a problem with a member talking about suicide. Should I just let everyone make fun of him and such? It's one thing to lose a member, and another to hear about them die. There are RULES, Trencal. If people cannot follow them, it isn't our problem. It IS our problem to do something to fix it though. You're right, this is a Private Server, and it is much closer, but rules are rules. We cannot just have an anarchy and let everyone do what they want. Order needs to be set. This isn't in-game, everything doesn't just clear once you leave. It all stays until someone deletes it. And spamming is against the Terms of Service, so, that means they are breaking the rules we set for them. Are they hard to follow? I'd think not. Look how long this post is.

So from what you're trying to say is, I guess you'd much rather us let everyone do whatever their little sweet minds desire on our Forums. Well that isn't going to fly. Rules are meant to keep order, and if they don't, we do. I've seen COUNTLESS people leave Freestyle because "Too many people are getting away with shit." Well I'm sorry that I want to finally do my job correctly and enforce the rules better. I can understand this IS a Private Server, and you all are my friends, but my job comes first. And I'd expect you to understand the most out of anyone Trencal.
    uhm true but , PlanB was joking i asked him if he is sure and then he said "i love fgunz no suicide"
    m7+1

Country
    Thanks
    Regardless. I take it seriously. I've had experiences with suicide personally, and with people I once knew and were close with. It isn't a joking matter when it comes to me.

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    Regardless. I take it seriously. I've had experiences with suicide personally, and with people I once knew and were close with. It isn't a joking matter when it comes to me.
    =s Sounds sad. And ye sorry for making fun of him imma delte my signature , sorry.
    m7+1

Trencal's Avatar FGunZ GM

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Demure View Post
    Okey okey you win.. >.>
    Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    Stop being all so serious D=.
    Originally Posted by Time View Post
    i love you guys too
    These are all spam to.

Delete these.

Hell

Delete half the freaking forums.

They're spam.

This is bs imo.

Too much.

If your post actually had some relevance, any competent moderator will leave it be.
    They're being serious about having us limit what we type about.

So we cant play around.

If it has relevence.

So we have no where to play and joke around?

We have to do it on msn or something?

or login to game to have some fun?

Thats bs.

These forums are suppossed to be fun and now we cant have fun unless it pertains to the the topic.

Wtf is that?

So if i make one about a music youtube video People can only say stuff like thats a good song or i like that band or heres other bands like it.

But they cant go on and say that youtube sucks and to use megavideo or something, then we talk about megavideo for a while.

That would be spam.

Megavideo has nothing to do with the music youtube post.

Delete it.

Yea, mods may not, and it probably wouldnt be a problem, yet.

Limit more and more.

no fun.

Or i cant go on the youtube video and tell him that the green day cd is alot better, even if i posted a three days grace video.

They dont pertain at all.

So delete those 2.

This rule is stupid and its gonna screw over the forums.

Yes we need rules, and yes the suicide thing should've been dealt with.

But he braught it up here.

That has NOTHING to do with spam.

Thats a flaming matter, and should be dealt with that way.
    Ima Noob.
    I suck.

Add this in your signature if you want ^5 pink back in FGunz!

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Inorite, now donate some more, I need a new TV.

Country
    Thanks
    It's alright, but as funny as it sounds, when it comes to Freestyle GunZ, I take my job seriously. Yes, it is a Gaming Forum, alright enough, I KNOW this. I WORK here. But that doesn't mean I can't do my job the way I'm supposed to. If it means I become the asshole, I'm sorry. Can't always be the nice guy.

Yes this rule may seem too strict, I give it that, but I mean come on. Posts like "Lol-, lololololololol, xD, etc...", that shit gets real old, real fast. You guys are growing up and no this might not be a serious Forum detailing actual things, but seriously? Have some maturity at least when on the Forums. If you can't? Stay in-game and do it there where no one cares. No one said anything about posting one to three words on the Chatbox, so go crazy there. But not in a Thread unless it's an Introduction Thread.

Yea, do it on MSN, the Chatbox, in-game, Facebook, Myspace, oh gee, look at that, so many alternatives. Why not choose one of them instead? Where they don't limit it to talk? Instead of on a Thread that has no relevance to anything someone posted? Seriously man. Come on. I really don't expect this from you. I thought Marines would know all about rules and why we have them. There are all kinds of alternatives to spam on. So why choose the only place where you can get reprimanded for it? Like seriously? That's borderline retarded. I thought of the Rule because spam is spam. I don't care about if it is fun or not. Do it on one of the other literal thousands of places to spam at. Not here. If you choose to here, take the punishment. You know the rules. I mean, there are even TWO SECTIONS ON HERE for spam. And technically a third if you count the Goddamn Chatbox. Forum Games & Other, and Rage/Ego. They don't add to the post count, and don't affect the Forums in any way, so why don't people go there to post then? I mean there are so many alternatives, we have FIVE on here. One, Chatbox. Two, Visitor Message. Three, Private Message. Four, Forum Games & Other. Five, Rage/Ego. Five, damn, alternatives. On this Forum alone. Excluding in-game man. If people cannot see this, and BYPASSED the Rules, and cannot post more than three words pertaining to a Topic, don't they deserve to be punished for it? Answer me that.
    Last edited by Jakanadin; 08-09-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks
    Yes, thats a point and yes i agree with that, "Posts like "Lol-, lololololololol, xD, etc...""

But thats NOT what he said in the topic.

and thats NOT what im fighting about.

Im talking about going off topic on the threads.

Which he posted saying your not allowed to do in 3 words or w.e

The rule was mainly set in place to get rid of the retarded spam posts. The wording of the rule should be replaced and defined to something along the likes of "No spam-like posts that do not contribute to the topic in any real way."
    So i cant make a 3 word post like i did before?

Joking around, having a little fun with some meaning?

Lol-

lmao-

etc have no meaning whatsoever, that i can agree with

But thats not what im argueing with.

I cant make a little joke, which my close friends would get, that may be a little off topic.
    Because it'll be spam?
    Ima Noob.
    I suck.

Country
    Thanks
    You can. In the Chatbox, Forum Games & Other, Visitor Messaging, Private Messaging, and Rage/Ego. Five places right there you can go to to joke around in, without even leaving the Forums.

Thanks
    So getting to know someone

Or learning how people are.

we have to get personal such as msn or pm?

They dont deserve to be punished,

Forums posts LAST.

Thats why i would use them,

Chatbox, Forum Games & Other, Visitor Messaging, Private Messaging, and Rage/Ego

Chatbox - spammed and erase often.

Forum games - no one uses and same as chat.

Visitor message, too personal if pertaining to a group of people, dont want to spam the same message to 10 people if i want them to all see it.

Msn - Same as visitor, and not everyone wants to give out that info to everyone.

Rage/Ego - Some people, such as myself, dont want to be involved in that section and spam does not belong in that section.

What else?

In the topics that other people posted?

Nothing wrong with that.

Ur arguing for a rule that only inhibits peoples experience and bonding.

I cant just go into someones topic and post something a thats doesnt directly relate to the post but something that has some merit to show that you care?

Such as all the people that make the "I may be leaving" or "How is everyone" that forsaken or reaper made?

So even stupid little post, such as the long esperanto clan one we had, that was some few hundred posts, cant happen anymore because its all "spam"?

And dont bring the marine corps into it, I am a marine meaning stupid shit like this, that i dont agree with, i fight for.

I dont sit back and allow you to make rules such as this for the only reason that "Its hard for Mods"

So ****ing what, u have like 10 of u.

Live with the spam, make sure it doesnt go out of hand, but u dont need a rule about not posting in topics that you have nothing meritorious to say.

So We cant change the topic's meaning or anything because its a pain for you guys?

Bullshit.

If i posted a video about some lady gaga movie.

We should be able to change the topic to something else, if the randomness arises.
    Ima Noob.
    I suck.

Country
    Thanks
    Nope. If you want to change the topic, post it in Off-Topic. If you want to spam, do it in the areas provided. If you don't, get punished. Dislike me and the rule all you want "Trencal", it's staying man. People didn't understand the original spam rule so I made it a little more detailed. Sorry. If people don't like it, they can just ignore it and accept consequences, or actually follow the rules and post in the(now six) places in which you can without consequence. New addition being the Official Spam Thread. Spam away there. Joke away there. I don't care where you do it quite honestly. Break a rule, you get punished.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information