Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Well as title says, I vote every day to help out but not much has happened
    how do you think we can get people and KEEP them?

I was thinking vote points system, to keep people voting [ molten wow did this and now is the nr1 wow pserver with 10k+ on at a time ]
    basic idea is advertise on a few vote boards [ top 200 xtrem100 etc etc up to 6 ]
    you get 1 VP[ vote point ] every time you vote for a site [ molten-wow uses a script shouldnt be that hard]
    the VP work like donation coins after you get so many you can buy a weapon /armor / MR kit/ grenade from the ''vote shop'' [ obviously will have them timed 7/14/30/90 days ]

I think this would encourage people to vote regularly, which gets higher on the lists which inturn gets moar people?

what do you think about my idea / put your ideas also ^_^

EDIT1: Also I think we should hold more scheduled events, and maybe an event team.
    EDIT2: Alsox2 a good little perk would be having banners for custom maps [ remember BB? ] like on regular gunz you get to see a little banner of what map is being played in game x and y and z
    EDIT3: Alsox3 Bounty system is actually a draw for people, so long as the rates aren't stupid, I liked working for my items...IDK its just a sense of pride I get lol.

EDIT 4: Also x4 the donor items shouldnt necessarily be weapons[although if they were insanely cool with unique effects would be BADASS] . they could be clothes that give UNIQUE bonuses [ ie. slightly buffed HP/AP and maybe element resist,] or maybe an element that is actually worth using? [cmon 4dmg/sec for 3 seconds @ lvl 60? thats bull.] Meds that give 1ammo clip and 20hp/ap with a single clip ? the possibilities are endless for vote items...hell ill write the Zitem for them

TLR vote for points.
    each time you vote. you get a vote point, and when you got a amout. you can 'buy' a weapon or armor or such (for 30/60 days or sum) not forever.
    Last edited by Beastlyness; 10-22-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: BECAUSE I CAN.

Ćagle's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Agree I am not even voting right now but if I could vote to get some time limited donators,I would vote for sure

Donator

Thanks
    I've suggested this on multiple servers before. The system would be solid. The only problem is players would vote until they got the equips they wanted, then stop. Of course, the solution to that is to make vote items have a time limit, which would keep players voting constantly. This however spawns a new problem, voting seems like a pain in the ass, more hassle than it is worth, and there is literally no need for in-game equips anymore.

The only way I could see this idea working is if vote items were level based (like equips), maybe on a scale of 10 levels, so that the vote items were always a little better than the normal items, but not completely over powered, to give the player a sort of head-start at what is above his/her level. These vote items of course, would not be near as powerful as donation items, for the sake of income of the server; they would just have the stats of the item 10 levels over the actual item level.

This is a great idea to bring in more players with vote points and advertising, however I still think a larger playerbase is always drawn to unique features, and that will always be the best shot at an increase in population.

Still a good idea though!

Banned

Thanks
    not donator items ''VP'' items they are somewhat buffed and should look SUPER badass :d

Donator

Thanks
    Already started a thread on this topic, on this forum actually. Thought I did, and yep, I did.

Shesshoumaru

Thanks
    need more staff so we can customize the BALLS!!! off this server(forum and game).People are attracted to original works. If every server is repetative thers no sense in switching to a different one. Am I wrong? We need an army for forum and ingame graphics. Then to advertise we can use just custom maps for some promos as well as custom login screens, custom effects and whatnot.Ppl seeing the same standard maps, same clothing, same animations dont feel a sense of amazement"whats new?". What made gunz servers popular especially in 2007 over others was due to the variety of cusom made items that were different from all others. This was until ppl began to steal thus bringing gunz full circle back to standard again. Anyone remember dual daggers? Ill be glad to help make this server be more successful, if staff wants me to help with anything im here =]

I feel this over all others will prove to be most beneficial, just adding on to !$!%! like more donors, voting and stuff wont do much because ppl still want things given to them free to some extent. We're like #3 on top200list and yet not many ppl. Need to cahnge the strategy guys.
    Last edited by Collosus; 10-15-2010 at 07:26 AM.

"By providing a smile and a splash of color to the cold colors of yesterday, we can keep others looking forward to tomorrow".

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Collosus View Post
    need more staff so we can customize the BALLS!!! off this server(forum and game).People are attracted to original works. If every server is repetative thers no sense in switching to a different one. Am I wrong? We need an army for forum and ingame graphics. Then to advertise we can use just custom maps for some promos as well as custom login screens, custom effects and whatnot.Ppl seeing the same standard maps, same clothing, same animations dont feel a sense of amazement"whats new?". What made gunz servers popular especially in 2007 over others was due to the variety of cusom made items that were different from all others. This was until ppl began to steal thus bringing gunz full circle back to standard again. Anyone remember dual daggers? Ill be glad to help make this server be more successful, if staff wants me to help with anything im here =]
    You said the exact same thing I said at the end of my post, but in a longer drawn out redundant way. Dual daggers kinda sucked. Also advertising with custom maps is what every server does; therefore doing it would make us the same as them, not unique.

Imo the peak in gunz creativity was the release of room mods. (as much as everyone hated them)

However, everyone seems to refuse to change anything about this game because it will "cause problems", or "people will abuse it". So dont get hyped up over nothing. Would be great to have a major change, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. Especially with a community that is afraid.

Banned

Thanks
    afraid of something that could be removed easily..

Shesshoumaru

Thanks
    I didnt just say maps. But its the only damn thing we can do. think about it if we dont then were doing nothing at all meaning nothing will change so its useless to even talk about. Wed just have to make the quality of our items, weps, graphics, maps and w.e else better looking, smoother w.e and , its just ideas, sounding like a joykill gawd. I dont necessarily mean we gotta advertise just showing mad maps but wed have to make it something different. Only problem is we wont get anywhere if staff is too lazy or scared to do anything. I see your ppoint and regardless of if they sucked people still came to certain servers to see what was what. I wouldnt agree with theroom mods, but ehh everything ideas and opinions

"By providing a smile and a splash of color to the cold colors of yesterday, we can keep others looking forward to tomorrow".

Donator

Thanks
    i suggested this before and got denied. Also molten wow is not the best wow p server sorry. NeverEndless is usually 3000+ people online at all time + im Game Master in Neverendless WoW
    IGN:SpeedGod
    Level 73

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information