Okay so I was bored today having nothing to do so I ended up deciding to write a little information about signature and overall gfx basics.

Percent Done: 3%

Categories:

Materials and Definitions - Part I
Depth - Part II
Lighting - Part III
Focal Point: Usage and Placement- Part IV
Colors and Composition - Part V

More to come...

Part I - Materials and Definitions

Background - It is the part of a picture that lies outside the point of focus and/or importance. It is defined by depth in gfx.

Foreground - It is the part of the picture which is placed nearest to the observer according
to depth.

Render - A render in relation to a signature is a cut out object usually placed on a transparent background. A render can be anything from a picture of a person to a logo. It is placed as the main part of most signatures (some signatures don't use any render at all.).

Stock - A professional photo which is used as a render in signatures. It contains a background and should not be mistaken for a render which is "rendered" from an original photograph or wallpaper.

C4D Render - A 3D pattern or effect placed as layer in a signature.

Example:

Focal Point - A focal point is a part of the graphical work upon which the eye focuses on. It is not always a render and usually is actually part of the background.

Part II - Depth

What is Depth?

Depth gives us a feeling of how far or close the object seems, in our case it is usually the render.

Example:

Notice how the background is blurred out and your eyes focus upon the actual person and not everything around it?

That is what depth is supposed to do, there are many ways to achieve it. The most popular being the usage of a layer mask to blur the background or using the blur/burn tools.

How to create depth within your work?

Depth Style #1 - Using only the blur tool.

On a finished piece of gfx depth can be created using the blur tool. What you want to do first is set the blur tool to these settings or settings of your choice.

Blur the background and leave the parts of importance or action in your work alone. It will create a sense of focus upon the non-blurred parts of the work.

.............................. Work In progress

-Reserved-