Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Captain Douche View Post
    MD5 is useless, Rainbow Tables can easily crack it without a problem.

If it's forum based, I'd would suggest using REST API (URL API), which I do believe vBulletin supports. If in-game, I'd suggest cloud saving so no one has to store anything on their computers and it'll be more real-time and faster to load. it would also avoid the annoying browser. Browser engines such as Trident, Gecko and WebKit aren't built for games, so even if you have a single, duo, triple or quad cores, your CPU usage will fly through the roof.

Ben/Linear did a fantastic job with Capture The Flag and I would love to see some social sharing within' the client with in-game uploads for screenshots and replays.
    Linear and I did about half and half on FGunz's CTF. It's still being released to the general public on Friday on RaGEZONE as originally promised, I still gotta clean it up.
    The RaGEZONE release will be Wucas' and my own work only.
    Things like the arrow showing where the flag is, the screen text, etc, is all Linear's additions to my base.

On topic: If you use REST, that would be ideal, as you can assign a session to each player through the forums. Perhaps even log into the game through the forums? Dunno, Interesting concept to say the least.

MD5 is useless, but as far as I know by default GunZ passwords are unencrypted plaintext by default on both the network layer and database.. I'd hope they were encrypted by now.

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    But the thing is, you've played the Wii and know how most shooters do it, by aiming it at the screen, the pointer appearing on the screen, and moving the pointer to the edges of the screen to move the screen around, so if there was a way to code it so we could skip that feature, again, the sensitivity for the Wii remote through the options for sensitivity would have to be set high, otherwise people would constantly have to aim their remote away from the screen, and move it in the direction they want repeatedly to get the same effect as one mouse movement .

@Secrets, as long as we would have a secondary option to launch through a .exe as well, because I HATE launching through websites. Remember Battlefield 3 and Battlelog? HATED that crap.

Stunned's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Thanks
    the wii thing is just impossibru

edit: and gay, very gay.

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Stunned View Post
    the wii thing is just impossibru

edit: and gay, very gay.
    Nothing is impossible. I don't think his idea has a sexual orientation.

5. The following 3 users say thank you to SecretsOTheP for this useful post:

McSic (08-24-2012), Military (08-23-2012), Paul (08-23-2012)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    You helped? didn't even know. Props to you sir.

At least SHA-256 and SHA-512 with a little MD5 randomizing would be nice.

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    I'd love to see a game-mode for Races, such as timed events that are set by someone who is good at a map and volunteers, and they set a pretty average time, make users race to be the first to beat it or beat it before time runs out. Another good one is a time race, to see who'd finish the race first, for maps such as our Super Mario Bros 3, the skill maps, etc... Basically by choosing that game mode, it'll bring out a list of maps available to race on. Now if you could code THAT feature, I would give you serious props as a Coder, and I will wish that I could have had you for my MMORPG project I headed a couple years ago.

Best in Town

Thanks
    There are loads of examples on YouTube of people playing Windows games with the Wiimote, Nunchuck and even Wii Wheel.
    Windows game.. I agree. What about GunZ, I haven't seen one yet. How can you say it'll be a success? However, if we make a test before launching it, it'll be way better. I am not a pro nor a "computer geek", but hey, I know that if something new gets introduced to a game, it better be damn good so that you know your time of work wasn't wasted.
    Last edited by Gravity; 08-23-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Gravity;450100]
    There are loads of examples on YouTube of people playing Windows games with the Wiimote, Nunchuck and even Wii Wheel.

Windows game.. I agree. What about GunZ, I haven't seen one yet. How can you say it'll be a success? However, if we make a test before launching it, it'll be way better. I am not a pro nor a "computer geek", but hey, I know that if something new gets introduced to a game, it better be damn good so that you know your time of work wasn't wasted.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuTa9swiXU

Can I just say, GlovePIE is a really rubbish macro engine. This just shows my point that it could work with Windows (I.E GunZ).

You don't have to move off the screen or edges. Doesn't work like that. It worked like that on the Wii because of the sensor bar.

Best in Town

Thanks
    You have probably already played GunZ and saw all those switching of weapons and I think you can assume that it won't be kinda fun to play with those tools.

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Um how would this work?
    Does the Wii mote track player movements or is it buttons that control. Very confusing and im pretty sure there are better stuff we can add to FG.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information