Hawkeyes's Avatar Снайпер

Thanks
    March 27, 2013
    4.38 pm PDT

I am given the following message by a "Legancy," a player whom others initially led me to believe to be a GM (blue name on the scoreboard).

After this was taken, "Legancy" answers my question with, "as you can see"
    Seconds after this, my client locks up and completely hangs mid-fight. There was no sound coming from the client whatsoever, but I could hear music playing from Pandora.
    Unable to alt+tab my way out of the client, I was forced to put my computer on standby and then re-enter my OS and resort to using Task Manager in order to close the non-responsive client.
    This particular lock-up has never happened to me before on this client, without the repetitive drilling of a game sound. Either this is purely coincidental, or my client was forcibly locked by an outside source.

I did nothing to provoke this action outside of playing the game. Had I not had chat visible, I would have never known this to be a possible circumstance.

Alcoholic

Thanks
    I'll be wanting to hear both sides of the story, we will talk with Legancy and I will PM you for further details on this incident.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Theres no command that a staff has that locks up your client.
    This is a weird coincidence.
    I doubt you saved the mlog and dmp file.
    And since you got back on (?) its overwritten already.
    Could have been nice to investigate the thing that caused your client to lock up.

Legancy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    I had nothing to do with this "client based" problem.
    the only mistake i made are the things i said to you, which i shouldn't.
    if you admins will take any action against me with this, i agree with it, i see what i did wrong, and yes i do understand your punishment (if this will happen).
    also, i said it because you kept laggshotting me (-- ping) and still able to kill me.. thats why i went this far.

Xanxus's Avatar - QNal

Country
    Thanks
    He's not responsible for anything that happened to your client. We do not have the ability to lock up anyone's client at all, the issue you faced was purely coincidental.

Besides that, Ben (Legancy) was merely playing around as he is with everyone.

He would never act on it unless he had a genuine reason to do so. In this scenario he had absolutely nothing to do with the apparent "lock-up" issue you encountered.

Case Closed.

Thread Information