Verali's Avatar Junior Member

Country
    Thanks
    Just wondering, else lets try to organise one ?
    mifuk

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    It doesn't need to be hosted officially I guess. We could host our own unofficially. There are only about 3 sig-makers on here aside from me and you though.
    We could host polls to vote, vote on what restrictions/type of sig each week, and have someone random and impartial host it.

Gr3yscale's Avatar Vanta Von Vicious

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Rhysin View Post
    It doesn't need to be hosted officially I guess. We could host our own unofficially. There are only about 3 sig-makers on here aside from me and you though.
    We could host polls to vote, vote on what restrictions/type of sig each week, and have someone random and impartial host it.
    Hey, I'm the new guy. I kinda suck though.
    But don't forget that making a SOTW will inspire people to make sigs too.
    So for the sake of art, I think we need it. Officially.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    I can tell you, there are ALLOT more.

Thanks
    But only one person would win. Over and over and over.

Gr3yscale's Avatar Vanta Von Vicious

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
    But only one person would win. Over and over and over.
    There can be rules that a person can win for example only 2 times in a row.

Al-Malik // The King

Country
    Thanks
    Resort, Moh, Luneth, Alex, You, Adapt, and myself.
    That's more than 3, but I get your point. There are others though, they just don't post their work here.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gr3yscale View Post
    There can be rules that a person can win for example only 2 times in a row.
    I know that can be done, but I meant it usually ends up becoming a popularity vote, peoples styles get known and people vote for their friends regardless of the outcome.

I usually like the idea of having a panel vote, that way no bias can be had. Of course the community still sees all the entries but they cant vote, they can give an opinion, but cant vote.

Banned

Thanks
    we've tried hosting a SOTW many times before and it will simply just die.
    there will be alot of entries on the first week, around 50-60% the second week, and then on the third week and forward there will only be 1 or 2 contestants and no one gives even the slightest f*k anymore.
    so if you're really that interested in art, go join an art forum, there's plenty beast forums out there and PLENTY art websites that hold contests and events such as www.conceptart.org / www.deviantart.com etc.

Rhysin's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    There should be no limit on how many times you can win in a row. It probably end up being a popularity vote as Taiki said. It seems that in today's world, people only desire victory for the sake of winning and not for the sake of accomplishing something with their own skills/abilities. Aka: Don't be a pussy and ask people to vote for you. Contests like this are completely dependent on the honor system.

ALSO: Stock images/renders used should all be posted with the finished sig to show that effort was actually put in and not just minor changes to an already gorgeous piece.

11. The following user said thank you to Rhysin for this useful post:

Resort (06-11-2013)

Thread Information