Sad Days

Thanks
    I don't know why but my ping is really messed up. It's in the 500-3000 range, and this has never happened before. I've been torrenting a lot of television shows/movies and I was wondering if that may be the cause? Or is it something else?

Also the only programs I currently have opened are Chrome, Fgunz and Photoshop.

Cobra's Avatar :>

Thanks
    Yes, probably your internet plan isn't unlimited bandwidth, once you almost reach the limit of your bandwidth you may experience lag until the next month. I suggest you to call your ISP to check if you almost reached your download limit. If your ISP says 'no', I suggest you to scan your computer for viruses.
    For Freestyle GunZ upcoming updates and ideas, support and news/information visit:
    Linear88 Blog (Click!)

Signature by George.

3. The following user said thank you to Cobra for this useful post:

Izzat (07-30-2013)

Sad Days

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    Yes, probably your internet plan isn't unlimited bandwidth, once you almost reach the limit of your bandwidth you may experience lag until the next month. I suggest you to call your ISP to check if you almost reached your download limit. If your ISP says 'no', I suggest you to scan your computer for viruses.
    Thanks so much for the help.

AlienZ's Avatar Fgunz player since 2009~

Thanks
    im having this problem too atm,and i asked my internet company they said you have reached your download limit and you have to wait for a month till you pay again so it will be fixed after a month -.-

Venae, pulsium verum ◦ 暢気

Thanks
    Like Cobra said, you've likely reached the data limit for your broadband plan. Usually once you reach this limit your speeds will decrease and latency will increase, as your bandwidth will be severely throttled (restricted, not strangled). Some ISPs allow you to increase the limit for a small charge.

Best practice is to simply not download lots of stuff on a capped plan. Or get unlimited, if you can afford it.

Also, you can get apps or check the router stats to get a good estimate of how much data you've used. Windows 8 has this kind of thing built in: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...sked-questions

Sad Days

Thanks
    So it's the next month and my ping is just as bad. I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if it'll work then or not...

I did a speed test and got a Download Speed of 14.32 Mbps and an Upload Speed of 0.86 Mbps o-o is that any good?

Venae, pulsium verum ◦ 暢気

Thanks
    Good depends on what you're supposed to receive and distance from the exchange. And the technology at the exchange. I'm in England so it might differ slightly but those speeds are more or less what I get, and I'm in a rural area (30 miles from the nearest city), and that's pretty good.

It might be a bit early to assume your limits have already been reset, but you could always get in touch with your ISP and ask them to confirm.

Sad Days

Thanks
    Okay I'll check in with them to make sure.

Thread Information