Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Steƒƒ • View Post
    Easy, people attend to go off-topic REALLY fast and that always leads to big arguements and flame which would result into ban/mutes.
    By locking the thread, they make sure that situation won't happen anymore so the issue won't get bigger.
    Example ; https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...git-kids/page1 this thread should be closed a.s.a.p in my opinion because it's totally off topic even tho it's in the rage/ego section.
    I bet some one in that thread will be reported and that would have consequences to that person.
    If people start flaming the mods should remove the post and deal with the situation. They shouldn't wait till everybody has crossed the line and then close the thread. It often happens to me that I'm writing something and when trying to post it it says "Sorry - Thread is closed". And I'm just trying to get something in there, pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I do agree that if a thread contains nothing but hate and flame then yeah go ahead and lock the shit out of it, but its not just black and white, there are plenty of situations where maybe 1 or 2 posts can be removed and the discussion could go on.

2. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Steff (11-04-2013)

Thread Information