Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks
    When you right-click computer then click properties, does it say 4.00GB of 8.00GB useable? If it does, try and switch the RAM sticks around on the motherboard.

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    If your computer doesn't see any memory above 4GB and you are 100% sure you have a 64bit OS. Open up the case (if you have a desktop in a laptop find the memory compartment and open it up) and reseat (take them out and put them back in) your memory modules.

The memory slots look like this and they are usually together. Considering your amount of memory you should have two 4GB modules or four 2GB modules in said memory slots. Before removing your memory make sure you note what slot had which stick as some manufactures require you to have memory in slot numbers 1 and 2 before you can put memory in slot 3 and 4. You can find the number of the slot on the actual motherboard next to the memory slot.

You remove then by pressing the tab on both sides of the memory stick. Pushing the tab down will push the stick out of the slot. Do this for all of your memory sticks.
    Once you have removed your memory simply put it back in. Line up the memory modules into the slot, there is a notch in the middle of the stick that will match up with the slot perfectly.
    When you have lined up the memory in the slot use your thumb and press it down into the slot. You may need to apply pressure on both sides of the stick to make sure it is totally good.
    Depending on your memory slots, it can take a decent amount of pressure to get it in there all the way.

If you finish this process and your computer beeps when you turn it on, it means you didn't put in a memory stick all the way or you have a bad stick of RAM. If you are 100% sure you have inserted the memory sticks in all the way then it is most likely a bad stick. Remove all of the memory sticks and find memory slot 1. Put one stick of RAM into the slot. If the machine starts to boot up (you see video on your screen) then that stick is fine. Remove it and repeat this process with the rest of your sticks. One of the sticks will NOT work by itself if it is a bad stick, your goal is to find that stick. Once you find it just put the rest of the sticks in and boot up your machine. Contact your manufacture for warranty if the machine is less than two years old.

If you tell me what kind of machine you have I will be able to give you more specific instructions. But, these directions should work for all machines.
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    From what I've heard, the PC version was a near complete failure. Apparently ghosts wasn't the first either. MW3 also had many complaints on its first month about PC issues while the console versions seem just fine.

It seems Infinity Ward just cannot optimize their PC ports properly.

Hell, even TotalBiscuit, a famous gamer who runs a PC with TWO titans has issues with Ghosts.

But to make any long stories short; CoD:G on PC is just terrible right now and just avoid it if you don't want to risk $60 for no reason.

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    From what I've heard, the PC version was a near complete failure. Apparently ghosts wasn't the first either. MW3 also had many complaints on its first month about PC issues while the console versions seem just fine.

It seems Infinity Ward just cannot optimize their PC ports properly.

Hell, even TotalBiscuit, a famous gamer who runs a PC with TWO titans has issues with Ghosts.

But to make any long stories short; CoD:G on PC is just terrible right now and just avoid it if you don't want to risk $60 for no reason.
    Titan's suck. Just get two GTX 780's in a SLI or you will pay the same price with just one Titan..
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Banned

Thanks
    I have a 550ti and I can play the game just fine on low settings, it all the looks the same anyway no matter what the settings are.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I have a 550ti and I can play the game just fine on low settings, it all the looks the same anyway no matter what the settings are.
    Well, it's definitely playable to some. However the ratio for those who can and can't seems unreasonably low for something as big as Call of Duty. Like it's as if they didn't even try to optimize for different drivers and such.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    Well, it's definitely playable to some. However the ratio for those who can and can't seems unreasonably low for something as big as Call of Duty. Like it's as if they didn't even try to optimize for different drivers and such.
    Look at every single port to a PC. It takes time for them to fix everything, give them 2 weeks and it'll be 99% playable.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    buying cod for pc is like buying battlefield 3 or 4 for console.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Vickachu for this useful post:

SuperShotty (11-11-2013), ^CHez^Aak (11-10-2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information