Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Hello Freestylers!

Has anybody got Dark Souls II for any platform?
    I'd like to talk to others who play the game as it's very interesting, hard and very unique.

For those who don't have it, if you like fantasy-role playing games, I'd check it out!

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    Meh, too difficult for me. Gonna try the PC version when it's out, but for RPG's I'm sticking to Path of Exiles on Steam. It's free and Multi-player like Diablo III.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    Meh, too difficult for me. Gonna try the PC version when it's out, but for RPG's I'm sticking to Path of Exiles on Steam. It's free and Multi-player like Diablo III.
    Oh I'll check that out on Steam - cheers!
    & it's not hard once you learn the mechanics really, timing the dodges, it becomes a very interesting game.

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    Yea I'm sure, it's just not my type of game I guess. I'm more casual, and prefer having the ability to summon in RPG's more so than anything else.

Thanks
    Yea I'm sure, it's just not my type of game I guess. I'm more casual, and prefer having the ability to summon in RPG's more so than anything else.
    Not wanting to ride off-topic here but - did you ever try playing Summoner for PC/PS2?

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Gonna try the PC version when it's out
    Already out since today.

7. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

Juriën (04-25-2014)

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    i got dark souls 2 , i know dark souls is known for its No Arrow Walk Around Till U Find Somthing Gameplay

i played dark souls did not liked that one because it was laggy the settings werent nice for xbox controller either

i just installed dark souls 2 with alot of searching and walking i finally got to the next map ( Second BonFire , i think there's only on in mujar or somthing ) but to be honest i have no clue where to go , what to do .

i must say the graphics look better then on dark souls ( obviously) the gamepad controls are nice .

my oppinion : i just want an arrow to like follow a story or something like that dont get me wrong i like this non arrow and search and walk , but im not sure if i go the right direction's maybe you will get automatic on the right path , but to be honest i have no clue what i am doing in this game

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Theres only so many ways you can go.
    Though they do give you access to an area you arent supposed to go to at the start.
    I wont spoil anything but in general @ souls games (demon/dark 1&2), keep your eyes open, be cautious and observe your surroundings.
    If you end up @ the giant knights, go back, this is an area for a later part of the game.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    I find the series to simply be difficult for the sake of being difficult with no real or proper difficulty curve. Games like those turn me off because it makes me feel as if the devs simply want to make a "Hard game" and nothing more. Not saying it's bad or boring, but it's nothing I'd replay because it's really just "Simon Says" on a timing queue, which is something I personally don't care for.

I have similar views for all other "impossible" games such as "I wanna be the guy" or "I wanna be the boshy". They are poorly designed and are just made for the sake of being 'the next hardest game'. At least Dark Souls has more elements to it compared to the two I mentioned '-'.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    I find the series to simply be difficult for the sake of being difficult with no real or proper difficulty curve. Games like those turn me off because it makes me feel as if the devs simply want to make a "Hard game" and nothing more. Not saying it's bad or boring, but it's nothing I'd replay because it's really just "Simon Says" on a timing queue, which is something I personally don't care for.

I have similar views for all other "impossible" games such as "I wanna be the guy" or "I wanna be the boshy". They are poorly designed and are just made for the sake of being 'the next hardest game'. At least Dark Souls has more elements to it compared to the two I mentioned '-'.
    That's what I like about it, every time you die, you make the game harder. Your health gets lower and you can possibly lose everything. I don't see the point in a game where you can quicksave and load every time you mess up. That's not gaming in my eyes!

Thread Information