Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    i feel like this feature would fit better if quests were more like dungeon runs, which could be a quest with more than 10 rounds, mini-bosses etc that alltogether should last like 30 minutes before the whole quest is cleared
    amen. this feature with short quests.. not really needed... and the quest is so short... joining late would be for what reason besides the obv if the quest just started and u wanted to join... or if some1 dc's and u need a spot filled or if u kicked a hacker and wanted to play legit... ok i see the usefulness. but besides situational stuff like these i listed, i dont see....

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Just a few quick questions pal:

1. Could it be possible to custom build multi-stage bosses?
    e.g. - I go into CustomQuestA which has 4 scenarios, would it be possible to interpret 2 different bosses without the quest ending? - (Round 1+2 have just mobs, 3 and 4 have bosses, but boss three doesn't auto end the quest).

2. Can you see the progress from gameroom of how far the quest is completed?
    e.g. - Because people can just late-join on the final round to get the best possible boss experience.

3. Is it possible (if above is correct) to add a slight EXP bonus to those who start from round one until end of scenario?
    e.g. Stopping people coming in last round to hail end-of-quest experience.

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Corque View Post
    Just a few quick questions pal:

1. Could it be possible to custom build multi-stage bosses?
    e.g. - I go into CustomQuestA which has 4 scenarios, would it be possible to interpret 2 different bosses without the quest ending? - (Round 1+2 have just mobs, 3 and 4 have bosses, but boss three doesn't auto end the quest).

2. Can you see the progress from gameroom of how far the quest is completed?
    e.g. - Because people can just late-join on the final round to get the best possible boss experience.

3. Is it possible (if above is correct) to add a slight EXP bonus to those who start from round one until end of scenario?
    e.g. Stopping people coming in last round to hail end-of-quest experience.
    Just had a quick discussion with the team:
    1) Yes, it's possible and something we want to do.
    2) Absolutely! Great suggestion, we'll be looking at this when we design the big update.
    3) Yes, it's possible. A bit extra work tracking that kind of bonus multiplier but I didn't sign up to do nothing :>

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post
    2) Absolutely! Great suggestion, we'll be looking at this when we design the big update.
    3) Yes, it's possible. A bit extra work tracking that kind of bonus multiplier but I didn't sign up to do nothing :>
    number 1 has been done on ijji/aeria with the challenge quests. maiet was really dishing out updates for gunz around that time, we also got blitz mode, needed a few extra tweeks but blitz mode is a job well done compared to not having any updates at all.
    number 2 is a good suggestion with your "quest intrusion" work
    number 3 is even better along with number 2, holy. nice thinking corque.

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SecretsOTheP View Post
    Sounds good buddy.
    I'm looking forward to the multistage Bosses, could bring some new motivation into Quest and maybe make it interesting again.
    I had a word with Mike a few weeks back about some suggestions regarding World Items, I'll pop you an inbox sometime, could go well with your late-join feature to make quests more interesting and unique.

Thread Information