Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Freestyler

Thanks
    Note: I re-did my whole reply to you and Stephan, the first one was on my phone... This is the re-done one.

Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    I don't know why, but I had an urge to read everything you wrote down here.
    Anyway, I really loved your idea about the ammo spawns. It's creative at all, but honestly, I doubt it will happen.

I, like a lot of players, prefer the old Freestyle GunZ; without roomtags. Unfortunately,there are not enough people to make a revolution and return the game as it was before. Most of the FGunZ community prefer to have roomtags than not having them at all.
    My thread isn't about reverting to the how old gunz was played. If you double check, or change the way you view this thread, this thread is not for the players that want room tags to be removed, nor is it just for the players that want to keep them. It is for both. And thanks for reading everything man, respects.
    Edit: I see where you say most people do not want them removed, but I formulated my solutions to work for everyone, and not just remove things.

The bottom line - Clanwars are dead because of the roomtags. Most of the people think for themselves: "Why should we clanwar when we can go to TDM and spam bullets as much as we want?" As I said, a lot of people dislike the idea of the [IA] and [R] roomtags, but we both know that nothing will change.
    You point out that people are like, I can go TDM and spam bullets- that's how certain people like to play. I am not saying that room tags change the way people play, but that these players that play them, like shooting with the meta weapon combo shotgun/shotgun. The room tags aid this weapon combo and allow it to be more flexible. People will continue to only use these meta weapons and not actually anything else, they will stick to it because its what they like so, for example, even if it has a disadvantage against campers compared to rocket/shotgun, they will still use it because it is their style and they will stick with that disadvantage. There's not many supportive moves/tactics that help kstylers get through a camp in clanwar in the map prison. But the room tags support this loved meta playstyle and help they continue to play how they want, it does come with cons however, which my resolve is trying to eliminate.

In conclusion, FGunZ is fine as it now in my opinion(even though I prefer oldschool). I honestly hope the staff team will find the right solution for all this.
    My thread is the solution, FGunZ isn't fine as it is now in you're opinion, you even brought up the conflict that room tags has with clanwar itself, and the room tags aid certain ways people want to play, but it also messes up other ways that you like to play, as you have said. It is not fine. My solutions resolve it all. But they could use anyone's help.

Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    People are still able to play with the style they like, whether the room has R and IA in it.
    Not entirely true. Room tags aid the way people want, as I have said to Ommadawn, people will stick with the meta weapon combo, sg/sg, but this combo has its limits and there are moments that it is very least flexible, like against campers, runners, potshotters. Hence people complain about this trio the most, because there is less flexibility with how they play against them, and the room tags aid the meta style to be more flexible against these.
    There is a great group of players that still dominates DMs and TDMs, even if they would have a disadvantage.
    GunZ was fine without tags and it is fine with tags, even if some people do not like it, I am sure the bigger group are in favour of the tags we currently have.
    its not about simply removing tags because some people do not like them, or keeping them because a larger group of people like them. It is about finding the perfect resolve to keep everyone happy. It is about keeping the pros of room tags, and removing the cons. It's all about making this server better. FGunZ is has conflicting options, I aim to improve, not to come up with ideas that only aid the people that are complaining about them.
    I wish I could support you on this but for me the game seems to be fine what it is now.
    If you really are to die to play without tags then make a room without tags or go and CW, CW is still like pure from the start, that will never get tags like IA and R.
    Regarding Clan Wars:
    This is not how clanwars are played. Clanwars do not have any room modifications. Ultimately, when there is a ranking version of a non ranked game mode in any online multiplayer game, the non ranked one would have to reflect and match the ranked version so that over time, you would want all players playing TDMs in FGunZ' case, to eventually try to play clan wars and this exposure would lead to more players in the clan war community. For clan wars to have more success and truly not be a separated from the over all gameplay this server provides, room mods would have to be added to clan wars. But no, that still would not do it. FGunZ would either have to have the possibilities of play styles in modded rooms to be in every room, every room. If every room was already modded to have room tags such as R and IA, and people actually played them often, then clan war can successfully reflect what this game really is, therefore, having full reach on all players playing the non ranked version of clanwars, which is TDMs. Since FGunZ' TDMs do not reflect the aim of where their game is now, this leaves a conflict. What is FGunZ? Clan war in FGunZ CAN NEVER hope to appeal to more players. What is FGunZ?
    Edit: So after seeing the pros of room tags, I actually would not fully just want to make a room without them. They have some nice pros, but with cons, so eliminate the cons, I have said the perfect resolution for this.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 05-17-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Thread Information