Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by CaptainEden View Post
    so you complain about watching other people fight, don't you watch people fighting in duel rooms or tdms? lol...
    well, let's say i agree with you, what the dt would be replaced for?
    Sometimes I leave duel rooms if I have to wait long. When non of my friends are on and I want a 1v1 to try some new moves or just to practice, since for me, 1v1s are good for me to get better to practice things such as lead, aiming, aiming with a new move, etc. I like to have as much time and less down time as possible when I am specifically looking to 1v1. That's one argument. If people do not mind waiting, we do not need a ranked version of Duel to be almost the exact same as the non ranked version. Although it is called duel tourney, but it fails to replicate how the community views 1v1s should be. So I believe just editing the bracket size, at least that, and lengthening the rounds in the final round for the remaining players, would suffice.

Obviously the best solution would be, if it does not take much editing in the code and just a little here n there stuff, which I'm probably wrong, would be to find a way so instead of forcing people to wait to watch the elimination rounds, have everyone fight their elimination round at the same time, meaning, there would be no watching available. Probably not possible, lol. So, shortening the bracket size, is the easiest way, to not give devs too much work.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    So nice when you join a duel and they have a tea party where you have to wait 4 minutes for them to play ..

3. The following user said thank you to Mike for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-17-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    so you complain about watching other people fight, don't you watch people fighting in duel rooms or tdms? lol...
    well, let's say i agree with you, what the dt would be replaced for?
    I don't watch people fighting it's waste of time they're just hitting air it's pretty much pointless watching them, most of the time I'm just alt tab watching youtube vids or something waiting for myself to spawn again unless something amusing happens in the game.

dt would be replaced if I had the choice with something called '1v1' wars. If we're honest here not much people mainly play dt cause you need 8 people to play which is why no1 ever joins dt unless of course a staff announces it but most of the time that would only last 1 or 2 dts then everyone leaves and it dies. Well in '1v1' wars you only need 2 people so people might actually PLAY since man 2 people aint that hard to organize. It'll be like CW but only 1v1s and the first guy to win 4 rounds wins since first to 11 rounds takes way too long. Make it in cw maps only and disable spawns and also disable any items whatsoever. Maybe even let the players only be able to wear a selected range of clothing and guns to balance out the gameplay so people will actually fight each other with PURE skill only. Each time a person wins give them points and it'll work exactly like cw maybe make it so that at the end of the month the guy or guys with the most points gets a prize, coins, exclusive item like a crown or something. If a person's on a streak announce it to the server, more people will come that way like you know if a guy streaks in a duel and you go to the room to stop it?. I guess this would bring more competitiveness to the server since tbh it's been going down lately and also I believe that the best way for an individual to improve skill-wise is to just to 1v1 a lot so skill level might go up? Meh maybe make it so you get more exp when u kill a guy. Also maybe do something like what aeria did with the 'Blitzreig' mode. Like every minute of you waiting you get these things called 'medals' which you use to buy stuff at the 'medal' shop.

Meh pretty much copied half of my post from a couple pages back and re-edited it a bit but you get the point once you read it.

5. The following user said thank you to Akimbo for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-17-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    I don't watch people fighting it's waste of time they're just hitting air it's pretty much pointless watching them, most of the time I'm just alt tab watching youtube vids or something waiting for myself to spawn again unless something amusing happens in the game.

dt would be replaced if I had the choice with something called '1v1' wars. If we're honest here not much people mainly play dt cause you need 8 people to play which is why no1 ever joins dt unless of course a staff announces it but most of the time that would only last 1 or 2 dts then everyone leaves and it dies. Well in '1v1' wars you only need 2 people so people might actually PLAY since man 2 people aint that hard to organize. It'll be like CW but only 1v1s and the first guy to win 4 rounds wins since first to 11 rounds takes way too long. Make it in cw maps only and disable spawns and also disable any items whatsoever. Maybe even let the players only be able to wear a selected range of clothing and guns to balance out the gameplay so people will actually fight each other with PURE skill only. Each time a person wins give them points and it'll work exactly like cw maybe make it so that at the end of the month the guy or guys with the most points gets a prize, coins, exclusive item like a crown or something. If a person's on a streak announce it to the server, more people will come that way like you know if a guy streaks in a duel and you go to the room to stop it?. I guess this would bring more competitiveness to the server since tbh it's been going down lately and also I believe that the best way for an individual to improve skill-wise is to just to 1v1 a lot so skill level might go up? Meh maybe make it so you get more exp when u kill a guy. Also maybe do something like what aeria did with the 'Blitzreig' mode. Like every minute of you waiting you get these things called 'medals' which you use to buy stuff at the 'medal' shop.

Meh pretty much copied half of my post from a couple pages back and re-edited it a bit but you get the point once you read it.
    Good way for ranked 1v1s, of course, also, in your reply, you mentioned disable spawns, but I think u mean random spawns? Because if you kill some1 and they can't respawn.... then you cant continue to 1v1 them lol. Also I do agree with this to be the focused method for a possible future competitive 1v1 auto match system but at the same time, its a shame how bad duel tournament turns out, but making duel tournament more active and playable, versus a ranked + auto matching 1v1 system are 2 different things. So yea I would agree with this, however it may be a lot of work, and it seems to me like the staff don't like a lot of work... even if the suggestion is beast. You know, couldn't they just edit Duel Tourney by reducing the bracket size so much so only 2 players are matched, so then it would always be a 1v1, and just put legit acceptable 1v1able maps.

Amzz's Avatar 7 ~ 15

Country
    Thanks
    I am down for this. I used to play DT's all the time and got rank 1 a few times. Now even when staff announce it there is still not that much people coming.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    Good way for ranked 1v1s, of course, also, in your reply, you mentioned disable spawns, but I think u mean random spawns? Because if you kill some1 and they can't respawn.... then you cant continue to 1v1 them lol. Also I do agree with this to be the focused method for a possible future competitive 1v1 auto match system but at the same time, its a shame how bad duel tournament turns out, but making duel tournament more active and playable, versus a ranked + auto matching 1v1 system are 2 different things. So yea I would agree with this, however it may be a lot of work, and it seems to me like the staff don't like a lot of work... even if the suggestion is beast. You know, couldn't they just edit Duel Tourney by reducing the bracket size so much so only 2 players are matched, so then it would always be a 1v1, and just put legit acceptable 1v1able maps.
    Oh I actually meant hp/ap spawns I guess you could have been mistakened lol

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post

tbh i liked this idea but what about people swapping to get rank 1? no one can prove that they are swapping though cus it's a 1v1 (two players only)
    Last edited by Opeth; 05-19-2014 at 04:13 PM.

10. The following user said thank you to Opeth for this useful post:

SuperShotty (05-19-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    tbh i liked this idea but what about people swapping to get rank 1? no one can prove that they are swapping though cus it's a 1v1 (two players only)
    good question. Easy solve, just gotta think a bit.. hmm... Well, the question is bascally how to stop swapping in general....

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    playerwars - steff

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Ban all israel players - steff

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information