Originally Posted by Xanxus View Post
Actually they wouldn't.

They would trust your word to some extent of course because you've been given that responsibility by them to serve the community however if you are clearly doing something wrong then they would not support it.

I've been around for a long time and even I admit that some of my decisions have been wrong to which I have been called out on by higher staff which has been acknowledged.

I must agree to some extent that you are very hypocritical. I honestly have yet to understand exactly how you managed to become a GM; I could understand you becoming anything else of the sort that requires no interaction between yourself and the community as I'm sure you'd perform great but from what I've personally seen, your communication with the community is very abrasive, rude and of course hypocritical. You demand respect without performing deeds to be respected by. You're a member of staff which is all great and dandy but I still believe that regardless of your title you are not entitled to any form of respect automatically; you have to earn it even after the position is given to you. You are shown respect by your peers in the staff team as they all trust you with the responsibility given to you, however, the community is a different story entirely.

Long story short, you have serious issues with your behaviour in general and it's the type of behaviour I wouldn't personally enjoy seeing from someone who is meant to represent the staff team and the players from a neutral ground; a lot of things seem rather constricted from a single narrow point (being your own) with very little understanding on many other perspectives. Followed by this, you have a tendency to go on the complete offense as soon as something that even mildly offends you comes along, regardless of how many times you may have offended other people.

Don't get me wrong, you're a great person all in all and you have many plus points; as a GM, you're simply not suitable for a role like that.

You could of course object which is the typical Jurien thing to do and suggest that "Well, Dave/McSic picked me and you're not staff so your opinion doesn't matter". Well, my opinion is my opinion and whether or not you choose to acknowledge it is entirely up to you.

Listening does wonders.
This guy for president!~