I stop to play Fgunz for 5-6 months
    today.i'm comeback to Fgunz and i feel it's too lag for me
    then i Ghost my computer again
    but it still lag
    please help me how to reduce and! prevent lag
    Thank !

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    What are your pc specs? FGunZ is a bit heavy, due to having a lot of models made in blender. The plugin for blender causes memory leaks. I think it'd be neat to have a dynamic mesh loading system. Once you're in game and start a match, the game scans the characters to see what items, they're wearing, and loads them into memory. Then when a new player joins, it'll load those into memory as well. I doubt it would cause much of a lag, as one player can only wear a max of what, 8 items or so?
    Last edited by Jetman; 01-25-2015 at 06:16 AM.

Angelo's Avatar benifits

Country
    Thanks
    Sometimes i lag too cant even rs properly and cant even respawn my character ingame . In my opinion your not lagging i think its the server because some one want to ddos this server so dave is doing anything to provide the ddos and lags . Be patient.
    Best Buddy EV3R !!!

thats all.

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Do you have the boost option on in the config file? If so disable it. (if you dont know how delete whole config.xml file and launch gunz)

Banned

Country
    Thanks

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sorry to nitpick, but could you change your thread to be optimial fps at 250? This is the fps at which animations cancel fastest. Anything above that (excluding 333, it cancels fairly quick too), causes a decrease in cancellation speed. Also again sorry to nitpick, but the overclock thread could be improved a bit. You can oc/uc your CPU without causing any adverse effects on GunZ, you just have to do it inside the bios, that way time isn't manipulated. Cheatengine I wouldn't really consider to be underclock/overclock, your clock speed doesn't change. Cheatengine is just a memory edit right?

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by jetman82 View Post
    What are your pc specs? FGunZ is a bit heavy, due to having a lot of models made in blender. The plugin for blender causes memory leaks. I think it'd be neat to have a dynamic mesh loading system. Once you're in game and start a match, the game scans the characters to see what items, they're wearing, and loads them into memory. Then when a new player joins, it'll load those into memory as well. I doubt it would cause much of a lag, as one player can only wear a max of what, 8 items or so?
    All items where re-exported with 3DS max for v7 so far I know of... so that's not the issue.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    All items where re-exported with 3DS max for v7 so far I know of... so that's not the issue.
    Oh were they? My apologies then, I thought most were still using blender. Well, you guys do have what, about 3500 items? Plus it could just be his system, maybe he doesn't have a lot of ram, fgunz can use over a gig. Or he could be running on an old intel igp. Whatever changes maiet made to the rendering engine for maps, it did decrease performance compare to the pre-citadel client.
    Last edited by Jetman; 01-25-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Thread Information