Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    So I know my laptop isn't really some super powerful tank, but it's not THAT bad.

There will be certain threads that load up perfectly fine and I can scroll through them easily, like this one (just using recent ones as examples):

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...i-want-to-ask-!

Then I opened up this thread:

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-thanked-posts

and it loads so slowly and scrolling up/down takes forever. It'll scroll a little bit, stop, scroll, stop. It's not scrolling right when I scroll down on my mouse. It'll register maybe like 5 seconds later.

At first I thought this problem was only in threads with a lot of videos and GIFs and stuff (i.e. [OFFICIAL] What are you listening to?), but these threads I linked aren't really swamped in videos or GIFs or anything. Nor are the other ones I have problems scrolling through. I can navigate through other websites just fine, even the rest of the forums. It's just when I open certain threads, they'll load really slowly and take a long time to scroll through.

The only thing I've tried is checking for malware and all that junk and my computer's fine. No viruses no nothing. Any ideas as to what could be causing this problem ?

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lt Eddie View Post
    So I know my laptop isn't really some super powerful tank, but it's not THAT bad.

https://i.imgur.com/mI706yF.png

There will be certain threads that load up perfectly fine and I can scroll through them easily, like this one (just using recent ones as examples):

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...i-want-to-ask-!

Then I opened up this thread:

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-thanked-posts

and it loads so slowly and scrolling up/down takes forever. It'll scroll a little bit, stop, scroll, stop. It's not scrolling right when I scroll down on my mouse. It'll register maybe like 5 seconds later.

At first I thought this problem was only in threads with a lot of videos and GIFs and stuff (i.e. [OFFICIAL] What are you listening to?), but these threads I linked aren't really swamped in videos or GIFs or anything. Nor are the other ones I have problems scrolling through. I can navigate through other websites just fine, even the rest of the forums. It's just when I open certain threads, they'll load really slowly and take a long time to scroll through.

The only thing I've tried is checking for malware and all that junk and my computer's fine. No viruses no nothing. Any ideas as to what could be causing this problem ?
    This might be an internet issue rather than a hardware issue.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by George View Post
    Whenever I used to have that issue on my previous computers I'd clean the dust first and then install a new OS, it always fixes the problem.
    FCKIN GEORGE MAN I SWEAR LOL. I had a hunch that it was your sig causing it, since the threads I had problems with all seemed to have a post by you in them xD, and I think that may be the problem. Because now I'm having trouble scrolling through and typing in this thread too. Is there a setting to hide signatures so I can test if that's the issue ?

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Colour's Avatar PvE, because why not?!

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lt Eddie View Post
    FCKIN GEORGE MAN I SWEAR LOL. I had a hunch that it was your sig causing it, since the threads I had problems with all seemed to have a post by you in them xD, and I think that may be the problem. Because now I'm having trouble scrolling through and typing in this thread too. Is there a setting to hide signatures so I can test if that's the issue ?
    Settings > General Settings > Thread display options: Uncheck Show signatures

5. The following user said thank you to Colour for this useful post:

Eddie (04-06-2015)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Colour View Post
    Settings > General Settings > Thread display options: Uncheck Show signatures
    Problem fixed. Damn u George and your intense sigs e.e
    jk love you George <3

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

7. The following user said thank you to Eddie for this useful post:

Colour (04-06-2015)

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    It's because of George's signature of 59MB.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

Eddie (04-06-2015), Resort (04-06-2015)

GeorgeGFX's Avatar secret.club

Country
    Thanks
    Removed my signature
    Locked.

>>> Credits to Sikk408 @ DevaintArt <<<

11. The following user said thank you to GeorgeGFX for this useful post:

Eddie (04-06-2015)

Thread Information