Candles and Chair

3 years ago when I was living with my Auntie Rosa in a rural city full of crops and rice fields like every house that was build there is like a quarter mile away from each other.
It was a peaceful day. Just watching at the cloudy mountains from a distant beyond an empty road. I was standing in front our house, our house that was made almost entirely out of wood including our furniture. Owning these antique-looking furniture feels like you're living in the past.
But there is one wooden furniture in our house that haunts my young mind... The "Tumba-tumba" (Rocking Chair) that my grandfather used to sit and relax. Sadly, he past away in July 2002 (at the age of 86) due to Leukemia. Since we live in a rural place and there's no cemetery or graveyard nearby, my Auntie decided to bury her a few meters away from our backyard besides a lonely Mango Tree.

November 2012, All Hallows Day. My Auntie, my cousins and me came to visit grandfather besides the mango tree. Each of us had candles that we lit above where granfather was buried. It is a way of giving thanks to grandfather (or any other dead person) during his existing life which is a part of our religious tradition here in the Philippines.
I didn't stay for too long and immediately went back to the house to wash my hands and my face. After my Auntie and my cousins came back inside the house, I returned back to the mango tree to check if the candles are still lit.
Eventually, it started to wind that the candles were extinguished. Miraculously, the candles lit back itself and I heard my cousin Al screaming that the rocking chair was rocking itself.

And that's the moment when I realized... Grandfather might be playing with us.

IGN: ^AMo^7et