Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Just log out if you're gonna go afk.
    this :B
    mamame el guebo como dice el prieto

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I support, but allow players to use that too via a command, such as /afk or smthn

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I support, but allow players to use that too via a command, such as /afk or smthn
    Yeah no.
    This is more of a staff-related suggestion but since we don't have a staff suggestion thread... well.
    This is related more so to the idea of help and players seeking help from staff members, not about the entire "afk" idea.

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Im supprtting the idea
    But i mean there must be 2/3 gms at the same time

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    but allow players to use that too via a command, such as /afk or smthn
    Nay. When a staff member goes AFK, that causes an issue because if someone needs to report something urgent and it needs attention immediately, they won't know if the staff member is there or not. But if you're just trying to verify if a friend is AFK or not, I don't see what could be so urgent/can't wait until the friend relogs that it requires the average player have a separate AFK command.

I like the idea of the OP though. Maybe set it up as like a drop down menu in the options that gives staff a choice of Available or AFK. If they choose AFK, when players try to contact the staff member it'll says something like, "Your counterpart is AFK," similar to "Your counterpart has rejected whispers" when someone rejects whispers.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Thanks
    If people whispered you and you didn't reply them, doesn't that already show that you are currently unavailable? You don't need an automated response to do that.
    So now the problem: YOU want to afk => but YOU don't want to ignore whispers while YOU afk => log out of gunz? => too lazy to spend 1 minute to login to gunz after that => so YOU came to forum to ask people to solve a problem that stems from you being too lazy to log out of gunz => the problem is YOU. nuffsaidbye.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Opeth View Post
    do you mean when somebody whispers you then he gets an automated message like, i'm afk at the moment? if so, then it should be added for every player, not only for staff so people can also write their automated message when they go afk or anything else.
    this can be done by a command as you mentioned above, i remember playing other gunz server and there was exactly something like that
    i agree with this that it should be added for every player IF it gets added

offtopic: im shocked that opeth can be serious

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Seems a bit of an unnecessary addition. Just don't AFK or logout if you have to go for a little while...
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information