Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amaethon View Post
    I am aware of this situation but as Bunny said could be logged based on a 4v4 if that's possible?

Is there anyway that we could disable that? I am also aware it's probably caused by Windows allowing to open an application as another user.
    Not really, maybe it a very complication calculation system.. but it is not worth coding it to be honest.

Pharaoh's Avatar Creative Minds Speak

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Not really, maybe it a very complication calculation system.. but it is not worth coding it to be honest.
    Thanks for the info. You may dump my suggestion now.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Nope, we had swappers that had multiple accounts logged in a while ago, 1 guy would get the exp while all of his other characters were afk.
    then find a way to prevent people from launching gunz more than once on one computer, for example when opening a new launcher it would say "logged in". pretty sure most people dont have 8 computers & 8 accounts
    Last edited by Bunny; 04-03-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    then find a way to prevent people from launching gunz more than once on one computer, for example when opening a new launcher it would say "logged in". pretty sure most people dont have 8 computers & 8 accounts
    There will always be ways to bypass that. Worst case people can just start a FGunZ client on several computers.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Pharaoh's Avatar Creative Minds Speak

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    They cant code this thing just because of this suggestion but it would probably be useful to prevent swapping. Should make another suggestion about it but we could just talk about it via PM in the mean time.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    There will always be ways to bypass that. Worst case people can just start a FGunZ client on several computers.
    If so,is there a way to make the launcher prevent logging in several accounts on 1 IP? I heard VPNs are not allowed. Swapping is really unfair especially when there are rewards regarding Kills,CWs,etc. Would really help a lot if this can happen,if it takes the launcher a long time to code or if its possible but the launcher may took awhile to finish launching it's merit and it's better to wait for it to check/do something than having unfair competitions and making people go dark.
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 04-03-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amaethon View Post
    They cant code this thing just because of this suggestion but it would probably be useful to prevent swapping. Should make another suggestion about it but we could just talk about it via PM in the mean time.

- - - Updated - - -

If so,is there a way to make the launcher prevent logging in several accounts on 1 IP? I heard VPNs are not allowed. Swapping is really unfair especially when there are rewards regarding Kills,CWs,etc. Would really help a lot if this can happen,if it takes the launcher a long time to code or if its possible but the launcher may took awhile to finish launching it's merit and it's better to wait for it to check/do something than having unfair competitions and making people go dark.
    You're forgetting that people may be playing in an internet cafe, are playing with friends on the same network, etc. There are many situations where there would be multiple clients on the same IP.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information