Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Here my thoughts:

Originally Posted by GDBobby View Post
    Temp Solutions:

• Make tournaments. Cash prizes. Monthly at least, special tournaments quarterly.
    • Can possibly do that.
    • Get rid of OP weapons. Don't release donor/event weapons with more damage than the highest leveled weapons, make highest leveled weapons around 60, which takes about a month to get if you play 7 hours a week. High damage weapons that are not obtainable through regular gameplay is just encouraging cancer.
    • I believe our item-balancement compared to other servers is very fair. High level items have almost identical stats as our donation items.
    • As an alternative, give an option to add a roomtag that synchronizes weapon damage in game (every revolver deals 5 damage per bullet, regardless of what revolver you have)
    • This has been suggested before, but it can also be used as a "no-donor" roomtag. Sure it's not the same thing, but it pretty much renders donation and event items useless.
    • Make equipment hard to obtain. Keep 0 level requirement, but make them cost bounty.
    • I think people have mixed feelings about this. A lot of people, including me, went to private servers to be able to wear premium/special items instead of having to level hard for it.

Long Term Solutions:
    • We have the source code right? Graphics overhaul. This is a pretty big stretch, but it's one of the few things that will bring new players. I'm talking full out gunz2.0 (don't talk to me about gunz 2). You might have to talk to the current rights owner, and work out a contract. Give it a new name and everything, but keep the core mechanics. Yes, we will have to pay some people.
    • I feel like this is not a solution, but a way to kill GunZ 1/1.5, especially for a private server. Also a lot of our users have very crappy computers. Contracts are also not possible, companies don't want to deal with private servers nor will we have the funds for it if they even wanted to collaborate.
    • Ranked Mode. Have a formal mode for 1v1s and a solo queue, and support gladiator 1v1 ranked too. Make better maps for this. Either introduce modified ELO or a ladder and a leaderboard.
    • We want to introduce something like this in our next client version.
    • Start actively helping new people get in to the game. Make tutorials, video/text/picture guides, for every single thing in the game. Don't ego new/shitty players for no reason.
    • I can integrate something like this in the next client version's website.
    • Improve the votekick system. It's gotten to the point that maintaining an 8 man glad room as an active fighting room is impossible. If people want to play they make 4 man duels at dojo. I don't really have any ideas on how to improve it.
    • This can be looked into.

It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

2. The following 5 users say thank you to Dave for this useful post:

69 (07-24-2016), GDBobby (07-24-2016), Mario (07-24-2016), Syzygy (07-24-2016), ^2Link (08-03-2016)

Thread Information