Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    This, also a good reason why the newer hitbox model is a good thing for the game (well good for the competitive aspect).

I'd be down to help again if we can start over with the item stats that are taken from the original game and work from there > refund all the items into coins so people could have a new look at update stats of items (refunding money is a no-go at this point).
    But I doubt this will happen unless one of the admins can prove me/us wrong.

Edit: The gem idea was good but the final execution of stats and adding a donation version to the game was the downfall of it.

Edit 2: People were supposed to get gems via the bounty system or could donate for it (but in the end if you just played you could have the same stats as someone donating for it, and not better like it was now.. *screech*)
    dude gems were cancer LMAO, 2 nigas in CW full speed gems with donation vials rofl! gems WERE A JOKE!
    stop sayin gems gems gems!

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    dude gems were cancer LMAO, 2 nigas in CW full speed gems with donation vials rofl! gems WERE A JOKE!
    He legit said the final stats were shit but the concept of the Gem's were good,
    Nobody liked the stats.

3. The following user said thank you to Rain for this useful post:

StephanM (08-07-2018)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Learn to read before you quote someone.
    What Rain said; the original concept was fine but the numbers McSic put out were wrong (though I never tested the result).

So let me give an example of what kind of gem values I had in mind when we were creating this;
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...ist&highlight=

Let's take the MOV gem where it starts at 0.5 and get's + 0.5 each level, in my case it would be 0.20 or 0.25%, with lower values you could add more tiers (say start with 5 lvls and add more lvl tiers in a slow progress (say 1 new lvl tier per 2 months).
    Where you would have to play a lot in order to get such high bonus values of either damage, defensive, speed and what not.

TLDR; 2 random donation groups where added as their own tier with higher values as originally intended and the free gems had higher values as intended.

But that is just my two cents, so it kind of sucks to see it all go away when it has not been released properly.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DanEditsHD View Post
    but why does the admin even give a shit about somthing that is so isnt important like GEMS when there are real problems that should of been dealt with in first place?? at this point i suggest just pass ownership to someone who actually plays the game and doesnt log in once a month to quest. i play this server since 2012 i havent cw'd against any of the developers or the admins once they should pass it over, no hate for u stephan but u really just a quester you are far away from the mindset we have for this game
    I haven't played the game in ages, I will admit that, but I look at he overall and not just quest.
    Also used to CW a little bit but I did not had the skill for it, so it was only a little.

Last thing is that I do not know what the admins do or do not want, we just came up with the system to expand the game a bit, the downsides of it was the it was never tested properly, higher values as intended and donation version as said above.

I do like how you think I only used to quest, which was just a small portion of what I did.

McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks
    Learn to read before you quote someone.
    What Rain said; the original concept was fine but the numbers McSic put out were wrong (though I never tested the result).

So let me give an example of what kind of gem values I had in mind when we were creating this;
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...ist&highlight=

Let's take the MOV gem where it starts at 0.5 and get's + 0.5 each level, in my case it would be 0.20 or 0.25%, with lower values you could add more tiers (say start with 5 lvls and add more lvl tiers in a slow progress (say 1 new lvl tier per 2 months).
    Where you would have to play a lot in order to get such high bonus values of either damage, defensive, speed and what not.

TLDR; 2 random donation groups where added as their own tier with higher values as originally intended and the free gems had higher values as intended.

But that is just my two cents, so it kind of sucks to see it all go away when it has not been released properly.
    nothing was fine,, i wouldn't like to see 1% speed added to the player,, keep it normal lol
    or defense sht wtf man, common how to spot dmg reduce ??
    gems are sht the idea it self is bad for THIS GAME.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    nothing was fine,, i wouldn't like to see 1% speed added to the player,, keep it normal lol
    or defense sht wtf man, common how to spot dmg reduce ??
    gems are sht the idea it self is bad for THIS GAME.
    Like I stated before, create a tiny "meta" into the game, kind of like how in the timeline of FG we had moments where everyone was using revolvers, rifles and snipers.
    It would be a thing everyone can get, so that it is not unfair and 'pay to win'.

A new thing that would benefit everyone just a little bit and to make your playstyle slightly better; whether you like more damage, ammo, faster reloading and what not.

It really does not change the game that much if you think in low values unlike the values that were used.
    See it as with medical kits, the more levels you get the better the item to add an extra healing charge (lvl 20/40/60/80).

But hey, I am not going to repeat myself over and over if you are that dense, sure you can have your opinion and I can have mine.
    I just look it at a wider perspective with oppertunities instead of staying on the same over and over (as an example of meta changes would be League of Legends to keep the game interesting).

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    Like I stated before, create a tiny "meta" into the game, kind of like how in the timeline of FG we had moments where everyone was using revolvers, rifles and snipers.
    It would be a thing everyone can get, so that it is not unfair and 'pay to win'.

A new thing that would benefit everyone just a little bit and to make your playstyle slightly better; whether you like more damage, ammo, faster reloading and what not.

It really does not change the game that much if you think in low values unlike the values that were used.
    See it as with medical kits, the more levels you get the better the item to add an extra healing charge (lvl 20/40/60/80).

But hey, I am not going to repeat myself over and over if you are that dense, sure you can have your opinion and I can have mine.
    I just look it at a wider perspective with oppertunities instead of staying on the same over and over (as an example of meta changes would be League of Legends to keep the game interesting).
    Stephan, the problem is your perspective is basically what made Gunz 2 into the atrocity it was/is.

No one wants to change the core Gunz Gameplay, we just want it balanced and fair.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ekital View Post
    Stephan, the problem is your perspective is basically what made Gunz 2 into the atrocity it was/is.

No one wants to change the core Gunz Gameplay, we just want it balanced and fair.
    It would not change the core of the game, that is what I am saying.
    It would only give you some small extra options to choose from since it would be a minor values that you can play for (it's like on ijji where you could play to hit that lvl 50 or 60 to finally be able to use the Shura weapon).

GunZ 2 is on a different level with skills/spells and actual character picks with preset weapons where my idea is having the same game with a few extra options as I said before in this thread, just think about.

Edit: And no my idea would not be to just only grind in quest in order to get items, it would be to just play anything and use the bounty system like you used to buy items in the original game aka everyone would be equal in getting items, gems and what not.
    Last edited by StephanM; 08-08-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Ekital's Avatar Ultima

Country
    Thanks
    It would only give you some small extra options to choose from since it would be a minor values that you can play for (it's like on ijji where you could play to hit that lvl 50 or 60 to finally be able to use the Shura weapon).

GunZ 2 is on a different level with skills/spells and actual character picks with preset weapons where my idea is having the same game with a few extra options as I said before in this thread, just think about.

Edit: And no my idea would not be to just only grind in quest in order to get items, it would be to just play anything and use the bounty system like you used to buy items in the original game aka everyone would be equal in getting items, gems and what not.
    With the implementation of the Gem system (even with your numbers) if you used 2x MOV gems you could be up to 8% faster. In a CW Environment where 1 player is 8% faster than the other 3 (4v4), do you realize how hard it is to adjust aim for one player if they all are clones? The problem is that these numbers were created by someone who has no idea how to play this game at a high enough level.

McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks

you're an impressive man playing since ijji but yet can't k-style , no hate man but you wouldn't do better as owner of this server because basically you're trying to make gunz enjoyable for you and not for everyone.
    70% of the players hated the gem system and yet you still saying its nice, probably it was nice for questers and training rooms but not for cwers.
    removing IA and R and adding gems was the worst idea ever. IA and R was for the main channel GEMS killed the cw too and the rooms as well because we couldn't dodge them like we used to dodge the room tags.
    about the hitbox. hitbox was like that for the past 12312 years changing it ****ed up the game, we just was looking for a better antihack thats all

Thread Information