Originally Posted by zefard View Post
Although i understand the angle your coming from basing things off a realistic perspective with that same logic the great swords would need to be longer which would cause unbalances also most of Gunz is not based of realistic perspective any who (which is fine in my opinion) meaning that it would not be so bad if daggers were the same range as swords. I currently base things off a mechanics of the game and a game play perspective, basing things off a realistic perspective would bring unbalances to the game. I understand however though ^^.
Well theyre not that much longer, aswell as the fact that you dont hold them in the exact base like swords. Theyre more massive yes, which is why theyre weilded differently and do more damage.

I dont know whether this would be an okay comparison to balance things off of, but maybe do a dps test with each kind of weapon and balance based on that?
Sword playstyles could probably be considered more complex cause players can slash and block while daggers only slash (ignoring animation cancels). Maybe this is a sign daggers need more dps overall as daggers have a natural disadvantage (maybe lower delay too cause theyre faster to weild irl compared to swords)