Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amers View Post
    I agree with Ommadawn - youtube has a shitload of tutorials - new and old, but there should be a channel for help still, since some things can be confusing.

A bit off topic, but: I've seen two types of new players, those who complain and don't listen to your instructions or suggestions and those who ask the right questions, listen to what you actually say and execute what you teach them. A newbie with the latter character trait playing for 5 days will be 10X better than a stubborn complainer whos played for a month - I've seen this in practice. Like I gave this one kid the perfect keybinds and I was willing to teach him how to actually be CRACKED AS F*CK in this game, he just replies "these binds are too different", "its too hard" blah blah. Like what do you wanna do kid? have a k/d of 0-100? die to absolutely everyone? Of course GunZ will not be fun for you, you're running around like a donkey, instead of listening to oldgens, you go on your own noobie path and just get rekt.

Imo these newbies will learn the wrong binds and months or even years in to their journey they will reach a point, where they'll understand the many, many hours of learning default binds was absolutely useless since default binds have a ceiling you will hit a ceiling, you are swimming against the current with defaults, you are shooting yourself in the foot with default binds.

Algorithm:
    1) Get good binds
    2) Learn dashing fundamentals
    3) Learn climbing fundamentals w sword
    4) Learn switching / climbing
    -- Done, on to RS,HS,DHS etc. All easy - extremely easy and simple with the right binds and the right knowledge of how dashing & canceling works.

I re-learned GunZ in about 2 weeks, because I completely changed my keybinds around- I couldn't switch climb, reloadshot, halfstep nothing, nada. So it is possible to learn this game, its not even hard, what is required is hard work and dedication!
    I don't think you can consider specific keybinds as "good binds" because they might be good for YOU but they might be bad for someone else. I'm personally using default and I never had any troubles with any movements, I believe I can do most of them by using default too. Sure, many people might find it a bit annoying but which is understandable. Therefore, maybe we should make an option of "common binds" and make an option in settings which allows you to pick one of the keybinds. You can take it to another level and even force a player to choose a specific keybind as soon as he logins for the first time.

Side-note: you'd have to make a thread and ask the players to share their keybinds in order to choose some "common keybinds"
    Last edited by Ommadawn; 07-10-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Thread Information