Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    I don't get the whole reason why you have such a problem?
    The forums are monitored to be kept clean, tidy and on-topic.

There's a section for pretty much everything...because of the Off-topic and Spam forum ._.
    As for the moderating, everything seems fine, the forums are active and I see people on here every day, regularly.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I think Forum Mods should just continue to do what they have always done, everything has been fine since as long as I can remember. I don't look at every topic, post etc. Only the one that I care aboot mostly is the anime thread, because that is where my interest lies when it comes to forums.

I think you, DDaggerDD should ask yourself why and what should I avoid so that your posts don't get closed, deleted etc. Not saying that you haven't or you thinking to yourself that you shouldn't have too, but there has to be a reason why, now I haven't read all your "opinions" and suggestions etc, nor do I plan too because I'm here for the game mostly, sometimes I look other threads on the forums. But maybe you have too much of a fixed mindset, when I read this post that is.
    Last edited by Finx; 04-29-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by sakaiyuji7 View Post
    If. only had legit. discussions. then no. but if not. then I agree for closing the thread. and If the thread hasn't been active. why not close or lock? but like I said. Or you said actually. IF ONLY. but if that thread that has legit disc. have some OT's then. clean or so. (btw this only the thing I could think off based on what's going on this thread and td;lr YOU pertains to anyone.)
    aight

-AznNinja's Avatar Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Corque View Post
    I don't get the whole reason why you have such a problem?
    The forums are monitored to be kept clean, tidy and on-topic.

There's a section for pretty much everything...because of the Off-topic and Spam forum ._.
    As for the moderating, everything seems fine, the forums are active and I see people on here every day, regularly.
    hes arguing the fact that threads are closed just because a mod doesnt agree with the topic & prevents further development in potential debates/suggestions/ideas etc.

5. The following user said thank you to -AznNinja for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (04-29-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ziki View Post
    I think Forum Mods should just continue to do what they have always done, everything has been fine since as long as I can remember. I don't look at every topic, post etc. Only the one that I care aboot mostly is the anime thread, because that is where my interest lies when it comes to forums.

I think you, DDaggerDD should ask yourself why and what should I avoid so that your posts don't get closed, deleted etc. Not saying that you haven't or you thinking to yourself that you shouldn't have too, but there has to be a reason why, now I haven't read all your "opinions" and suggestions etc, nor do I plan too because I'm here for the game mostly, sometimes I look other threads on the forums. But maybe you have too much of a fixed mindset, when I read this post that is.
    Well im talking about instances where i see threads with good discussions being closed as the main method to moderate them. I'm arguing that these threads that hold discussions about the game can very well help the game, but if off topic comments start appearing in them, if the goal is to best better the freestylers gunz over all, closig threads is counter intuitive in ways that could be prevented easily.

I myself believe I'm pretty good at not de-railing threads, likenthat ime I jus ignored miko's racist comment to not make this thread about me or him personally, etc. No offence to miko

Originally Posted by -AznNinja View Post
    hes arguing the fact that threads are closed just because a mod doesnt agree with the topic & prevents further development in potential debates/suggestions/ideas etc.
    ^ also this.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 04-29-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Azuki's Avatar Dazed

Country
    Thanks
    There's a proper thread about who can someone or us to make fgunz better. it's just that there are people that doesn't read or just voicing out their opinions but not on the proper thread. Like I said earlier. if you guys would OT. better not do it in the thread.or just be polite saying by saying 'i'd OT but blah bla.. etc' and that's why there is 'OFF TOPIC' thread/form w.e down there in the main page.
    Last edited by Azuki; 04-29-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by -AznNinja View Post
    But said mod must have thought the topic was going nowhere, which is why he closed it.
    It's not like the mods just close threads for shits and giggles around here?

EpicKLF's Avatar Why am i purple?...

Country
    Thanks
    While i agree on your opinion and support it fully. i still see that what the fm's are doing is just closing threads for its constant spamming, idk about your other thread since you never linked it to show it as an example of this abuse. Nevertheless i have a very good suggestion to this predicament.

Let the thread op manage his own threads without the staff's intervention. The op would get some tools like to soft delete a post (delete a post and the staff could still see it). and if it ever gets out of hand. either the op or anyone else should just report the users responsible for being out of line. Only then would the staff intervene. (this will only apply to the off-topic and debate section)
    Even if it gets out of hand, its just one thread.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Sorry DD, I disagree with you on this one.

We close threads in order to protect the community from itself. If we simply deleted comment after comment, warning/ infracting as we go, do you know how many people on this forum would be banned? Way too many people take things too seriously and too far and end up crossing boundaries, breaking rules, and hurting each other. We are simply stopping it before it gets to that. Is this arguably wrong of us? Sure, but until there is another solution to control 500-1000 active forum members (some with extraordinarily large egos), it is the best solution we have. Spam and trolls are just a way of life, there is no reason to feed them by keeping threads open just so one more good comment can be posted.*

Heated discussion is not the primary function of this forum, nor has it ever been. Do we understand that some players feel there are problems with the server, sure, but that does not mean they should have the ability to yell and moan in unison until they get their way. This forum is a place for players (and staff in some cases) to socialize and talk about the game and life in general. Things like the Suggestion Thread are a privilege, not a right. We put days of work into this server, and although your opinions are appreciated, they are not in anyway a guidebook for us to follow. We do this as a hobby, not as a job.

As for the removal of posts under 10 words, if you are really fishing for comments that bad, use an instant messaging program. I remove comments I feel are unnecessary because I feel they add nothing to the discussion. There are exceptions in some situations of course, but if you really are posting "Good Idea", you are just bumping up your post count. DD, you care about your posts, as I can tell with their length and wording, I cannot believe you would want comments as worthless as that. If you like something or agree with it, post why, that is all I ask. We want a discussion, not a dozen kids trying to up an imaginary number.

*Note: You can always request for a thread to be re-opened, simply tell an FM or Admin which thread and the reason why.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 04-29-2014 at 04:18 AM.

11. The following 3 users say thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Corque (04-29-2014), Eddie (04-30-2014), StephanM (04-29-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Sorry DD, I disagree with you on this one.

We close threads in order to protect the community from itself. If we simply deleted comment after comment, warning/ infracting as we go, do you know how many people on this forum would be banned? Way too many people take things too seriously and too far and end up crossing boundaries, breaking rules, and hurting each other. We are simply stopping it before it gets to that. Is this arguably wrong of us? Sure, but until there is another solution to control 500-1000 active forum members (some with extraordinarily large egos), it is the best solution we have. Spam and trolls are just a way of life, there is no reason to feed them by keeping threads open just so one more good comment can be posted.*

Heated discussion is not the primary function of this forum, nor has it ever been. Do we understand that some players feel there are problems with the server, sure, but that does not mean they should have the ability to yell and moan in unison until they get their way. This forum is a place for players (and staff in some cases) to socialize and talk about the game and life in general. Things like the Suggestion Thread are a privilege, not a right. We put days of work into this server, and although your opinions are appreciated, they are not in anyway a guidebook for us to follow. We do this as a hobby, not as a job.

As for the removal of posts under 10 words, if you are really fishing for comments that bad, use an instant messaging program. I remove comments I feel are unnecessary because I feel they add nothing to the discussion. There are exceptions in some situations of course, but if you really are posting "Good Idea", you are just bumping up your post count. You care about your posts, as I can tell with their length and wording, I cannot believe you would want comments as worthless as that. If you like something or agree with it, post why, that is all I ask. We want a discussion, not a dozen kids trying to up an imaginary number.

*Note: You can always request for a thread to be re-opened, simply tell an FM or Admin which thread and the reason why.
    I forgot that you're still around. Legit reply from a staff member, respects yo. You have a good argument in the last half of your reply about short posts. I guess thats why we have a thanks system to avoid what you point out here. As for the start points of your reply; I've seen it forums where the users legit work together and try not to go off topic together knowing the consequences, it was pretty amazing. Seen it in other gunz server forums as well. I still don't believe closing the thread is the best way and is counter
    intuitive in the way I've stated here earlier. I believe if you guys are strict and do not wait for reports to take action, you can change the atmosphere of this forum positively. I know lots of people here go off topic and there are many useless comments (besides short comments) that only brig down threads. But if it were more strict here in the start, people wouldnt be so easy to type off topic/useless/spam replies.

The edit: I know the main purpose of this forum is not to hold heated discussions, however, these things are valuable to a game very much. They aren't all about suggestions and sometimes just smack talk, however, the bring hype to a game and show that the devs are doing some right if they can get players so involved. Players are the ones who also advance gameplay, advance and update meta with new strategy findings, players are the ones who play what you help make. I believe they do have a right to speak up about the game they play. Maybe not to wine and moan till something happens, but in a way, players have honed your made game, like how clanwar is played, hence the suggestion of snipers to be removed.

Bottom line, you say you don't agree with me, but all i have brought up is an issue, not a suggestion, so maybe you do agree there is sometimes an issue with closing threads, the issue i point out. So If we agree on that, let's finally be like a community to think of a better way to help everyone. That, my friends, should be the goal.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 04-29-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information