Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    Ahh so static lights doen't play nice with bumpmapping eh? Alright, i can always toss bumpmapping aside and try working on something like SSAO.
    I mean you can fake a bad bumpmapping by loading the lightmap model and rendering the bitmap with any of your 3d modeling/rendering software but then again this would be static again so its not worth the hassle.
    Because the lightmap is prebaked and static ambient occlusion doesnt work well either, its going to make look maps really weird, do try it out to form your own opinion though.
    Last edited by HellSniper; 07-05-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Jetman's Avatar TBF Sage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    I mean you can fake a bad bumpmapping by loading the lightmap model and rendering the bitmap with any of your 3d modeling/rendering software but then again this would be static again so its not worth the hassle.
    Because the lightmap is prebaked and static ambient occlusion doesnt work well either, its going to make look maps really weird, do try it out to form your own opinion though.
    Yeah I'll probably still try it out. You were right about the bumpmapping, it looked like garbage. If SSAO looks like crap too then I guess I can always try FXAA, it'd be a nice addition since people with a intel hd 2000 or lower can't use msaa.

Thread Information