Country
    Thanks
    My original suggestions can be found here:

https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...pture-The-Flag

New suggestions:

FLAG DROP
    I'd like to have the ability for players holding the flag, upon death, to actually DROP the flag in place of their dead body rather than despawning the flag back to base. This would help make some interesting fights throughout the maps.

CAPTURE SCORE
    Is it possible to add the numbe rof flags captured by each player added to the tab list? Would be nice to know who's doing the most heavy lifting on the teams.

FLAG HOLDER
    Maybe add some kind of clause onto those who are holding the flag. Whether giving the player extra hp/ap, movement speed, or something. Or have it so flag holder's can not use guns/items and only melee to encourage teammates to work together to ensure that the flag holder is safe to run.

SPAWNING
    Add some sort of way to spawn on other players/areas of the map. Players could work together and have someone sit in Mansion basement while they wait for team mates to spawn on top of them to group together for a backstab rush.

With all the new items (speed vial, molotov, ping wheel, smoke buff, stickies slowing players, etc) I think CTF could really become a popular mode. Maybe we could eventually convert Garden 500 into CTF 100.

:::EDIT:::

DROP/PICKUP
    Add the ability for the flag holder to drop the flag at any given time. This could allow players to drop the flags in tempting places and allow for them to camp/bait enemy players into picking up the flag. Also an idea that comes to mind is being able to drop the flag into the sewer manholes in Prison 1 map.

VISION
    I'm not too sure on this suggestion but as of right now, when you're flashed, you're still able to see the enemy flag holders name and team mate pings. I'm not sure whether or not flashed players should be able to see this or not. On one hand it seems fair to be able to shoot at the enemy rushing with the flash and be able to still communicate with the team via pings. But on the other hand it seems unfair because using flash nades should be encouraged to use strategically and having the ability for enemy players to still see your name while you're carrying the flag seems a bit redundant.

AMMO CONCERNS
    As of right now, thanks to Cyclone, the game mode allows all players infinite ammo. Not sure if thats intended? I think if it was intended that it be removed to allow players to use the AD(ammo drop) tag. And if ammo drop is not being used it would force players to actually play the game instead of camping their spawn every round since they'll never run out of ammo.

ROOM OPTIONS
    Currently, the randomizer, and spawn switch room options have no use in this game mode. It would be nice to add these in somehow. Maybe instead of every ROUND it's every CAPTURE that teams are switched/balanced. I know it's easier for someone to just leave the room and switch sides. Somehow add a way that if a team becomes unbalanced that the next player to die gets forced to the team with less players? Randomizer I'm not sure if it's useful to find a way to add it in. Maybe add it, instead of round based, to a timer so that every 5 minutes or so the teams are shuffled? I know this whole part might be absolutely useless as CTF isn't really a mode that needs these two options added. But still something to think about/look into.

FLAG RESPAWN
    I notice that there's a few seconds of a delay in being able to cap your flag when the enemy dies while holding your flag. I would try and cap our flag, but I couldn't find the flag spot to cap it at. It wasn't until Cyclone pointed out that there's a delay when flags are held and the holders die. While I understand it now, I think there shouldn't be a delay in having the flag spot respawn. That way when the enemy flag holder dies you can instantly cap their flag in your base instead of having to wait that extra 3 seconds. Those three seconds are super crucial as I had three instances where I would have capped if there was no delay.
    Last edited by Desecration; 04-05-2023 at 03:46 AM.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    FLAG DROP
    I'd like to have the ability for players holding the flag, upon death, to actually DROP the flag in place of their dead body rather than despawning the flag back to base. This would help make some interesting fights throughout the maps.
    Yes

CAPTURE SCORE
    Is it possible to add the numbe rof flags captured by each player added to the tab list? Would be nice to know who's doing the most heavy lifting on the teams.
    Yes

FLAG HOLDER
    Maybe add some kind of clause onto those who are holding the flag. Whether giving the player extra hp/ap, movement speed, or something. Or have it so flag holder's can not use guns/items and only melee to encourage teammates to work together to ensure that the flag holder is safe to run.
    No... Kind of goes against the previous suggestion you made about working together and slowly moving the flag across the map
    SPAWNING
    Add some sort of way to spawn on other players/areas of the map. Players could work together and have someone sit in Mansion basement while they wait for team mates to spawn on top of them to group together for a backstab rush.
    No... Also seems to be too much work for diff maps + goes against suggestion of slowly moving flag across map through different routes

Balance

I'm not quite sure if the auto balance works in this mode or not...but I'm pretty sure it doesn't? If so, please make it so that when the next player dies (and the teams are unbalanced [6v9]) he/she will spawn on the team with the lower amount of players. I can see how it might be confusing for the player being balanced, so maybe add some kind of notice that the player has been switched to the other team due to imbalance.
    Should be looked into...

Spawn Trap / Camping
    I think your suggestion about slowly moving the flag across the map using teammates and auto-balance kind of fixes this already

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Yes

Yes

No... Kind of goes against the previous suggestion you made about working together and slowly moving the flag across the map

No... Also seems to be too much work for diff maps + goes against suggestion of slowly moving flag across map through different routes

Should be looked into...

I think your suggestion about slowly moving the flag across the map using teammates and auto-balance kind of fixes this already
    Yea, with the fact that the enemy team can already see the player who's holding their flag, I guess it wouldn't make much sense to add some kind of handicap to those holding the flag. Agreed.

I guess the game mode also functions fine without the idea of spawning on other players. But for those really really big maps it kind of makes sense? I really just got the idea from Battlefield lol.

Added more suggestions, feel free to voice your opinions on those as well <3
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Thread Information