Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
That would be the exact tradeoff I mentioned above for having it as a training wheel option yes. I also said that's how I personally learned this game as well. If I did not have that training wheel, I probably would have just up and quit.

GunZ Has possibly the highest learning curve of any game, period. Why not let new players have the ability to focus on the base mechanics (Slash, Block, Jump, Switches) for the tradeoff of not being able to fully control their character through walking and momentum control?

So long as there's a minor delay built in between being able to use it so people can't abuse it (i.E the Holy Star glitch), I see zero issues. and it wouldn't give people a competitive edge.

It's not hard to learn to dash later, but it's a HUGE stumbling block for most new players.
While the intention is good, consider that the basic moves you mentioned are ones out of many that require the player to dash, which is an integral part of said moves. like climbing for example. if you spend too much time playing like this you would once again have to take a learning curve to get used to the dash suddenly being 2 keys and not 1 which is in my opinion a bad way to get used to the game (learning and then needing to relearn instead of learning harder but correctly the first time around)