Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    WildPanda's Avatar I tried.. I failed myself

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Perhaps change the warning system to one of points like on forum, 10 points=temp ban, 15=perma ban and a standard warning issued would be 3 points, whereas a macro one would be 6-7.
    Harsher punishments for harsher crimes. Also, let players lose 1 warning point every month of being clean.

I dont think you should be handing out bans though. We dont have the playerbase to support this course of action.
    If you want a player base full of people that cheat and "get a warning".. sure..

I'd rather honestly have a lower player base of people that play legit, thats what makes the game fun, for me at least

If people don't take heed of the warning and continue to macro, thats on them. Letting people continuously "get away" with cheating is just gonna bring more of them to the server.. then we'll be 200+ daily with most of them cheating, because a slap on the wrist won't make them stop.. you have to set an example.

Keep cheating after you were warned, you lose the privilege to enjoy playing the game. That's on the individual.
    Rise & Rise Again, Until Lambs Become Lions!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    If you want a player base full of people that cheat and "get a warning".. sure..

I'd rather honestly have a lower player base of people that play legit, thats what makes the game fun, for me at least

If people don't take heed of the warning and continue to macro, thats on them. Letting people continuously "get away" with cheating is just gonna bring more of them to the server.. then we'll be 200+ daily with most of them cheating, because a slap on the wrist won't make them stop.. you have to set an example.

Keep cheating after you were warned, you lose the privilege to enjoy playing the game. That's on the individual.
    I dont think you understood my suggestion. Do any sort of cheat (that isnt flaming/spamming cause this isnt what this suggestion is about), and youre very close to being perma banned. Not to mention, youll have to wait a whole month without getting punished again to lose the 'warning point' i suggested.

There is no need to set an example in a small community where almost everyone are interconnected.

then we'll be 200+ daily with most of them cheating, because a slap on the wrist won't make them stop..
    as of now macroing doesnt get you insta banned and most of the playerbase isnt cheating. we also dont have 200+ players daily. i dont see your problem?

WildPanda's Avatar I tried.. I failed myself

Country
    Thanks
    I dont think you understood my suggestion. Do any sort of cheat (that isnt flaming/spamming cause this isnt what this suggestion is about), and youre very close to being perma banned. Not to mention, youll have to wait a whole month without getting punished again to lose the 'warning point' i suggested.

There is no need to set an example in a small community where almost everyone are interconnected.

as of now macroing doesnt get you insta banned and most of the playerbase isnt cheating. we also dont have 200+ players daily. i dont see your problem?
    I actually think its you that doesn't understand what I'm getting at.
    If you allow cheaters to play on the server, more cheaters will come RESULTING in the 200+ players.. WHEN THEY COME!

If you don't want the punishment, don't cheat. Simple as that.
    Rise & Rise Again, Until Lambs Become Lions!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    I actually think its you that doesn't understand what I'm getting at.
    If you allow cheaters to play on the server, more cheaters will come RESULTING in the 200+ players.. WHEN THEY COME!

If you don't want the punishment, don't cheat. Simple as that.
    rules have been the same for years. if we dont have 200+ players because cheating is allowed yet, we wont have them. my suggestion was to make punishment harder.

Banned

Thanks
    Whoever makes the final call regarding this just needs to ask himself one question: Do I want a game full of hackers or not? If the answer is no, you ban the people using 3rd party stuff, if yes, move this suggestion to declined.

6. The following user said thank you to ParisRS for this useful post:

WildPanda (05-14-2020)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by CEvangelista View Post
    Whoever makes the final call regarding this just needs to ask himself one question: Do I want a game full of hackers or not? If the answer is no, you ban the people using 3rd party stuff, if yes, move this suggestion to declined.
    so if i get this straight, you want a change to happen (instant banning of 3rd party users) that would result in a change for the game (game wont be full of hackers), when the change you are expecting to get is already in place (game isnt full of hackers)?

Banned

Thanks
    so if i get this straight, you want a change to happen (instant banning of 3rd party users) that would result in a change for the game (game wont be full of hackers), when the change you are expecting to get is already in place (game isnt full of hackers)?
    , that's why the report section is full of reports about people who constantly macro, amirite?

Anyways, I doubt this discussion will lead further than u bunch of people who agree and those who don't, I think enough has been said about this and it's up to whoever it is making the final call.
    Last edited by ParisRS; 05-14-2020 at 05:15 PM.

9. The following user said thank you to ParisRS for this useful post:

WildPanda (05-14-2020)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by CEvangelista View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/aVLvWtF.png , that's why the report section is full of reports about people who constantly macro, amirite?

Anyways, I doubt this discussion will lead further than u bunch of people who agree and those who don't, I think enough has been said about this and it's up to whoever it is making the final call.
    Since 2020 has started (which is when you would probably want to look at the statistics for macro reports to support your argument, doesnt matter to me), 5 and a half months ago, there have been 10 reports on macros, 5 of which were declined. I dont find these numbers concerning, giving a warning once a month regarding macro, and I DEFEINITELY do not consider the server to be "full of hackers" as youve stated.

If you wanna take a look at what happened during 2019 sure, but ull find more that supports my argument.

Tenax's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Because of human nature. If something is ever present it becomes normal. Thus you wouldn't even question doing it outside of the room. It's what happened on ijji with Witch hacks.
    ''because of human nature'' that's literally not an argument on a game, lol. they allowed the usage of macro in training room for YEARS, I don't see the people who macro in training room, abusing it in regular rooms!?
    the warning system is just fine, people who abuse it = punished.
    but to forbid it totally, it's just silly.
    like i said, some hosts USE it in events even!

12. The following 2 users say thank you to Tenax for this useful post:

TomasEdison (05-14-2020), Zeino (05-14-2020)

Banned

Thanks
    Since 2020 has started (which is when you would probably want to look at the statistics for macro reports to support your argument, doesnt matter to me), 5 and a half months ago, there have been 10 reports on macros, 5 of which were declined. I dont find these numbers concerning, giving a warning once a month regarding macro, and I DEFEINITELY do not consider the server to be "full of hackers" as youve stated.

If you wanna take a look at what happened during 2019 sure, but ull find more that supports my argument.
    Requesting lock until someone with brains can answer. This became a thankfest
    Last edited by ParisRS; 05-14-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information