Thanks
    isnt it cool to have salty haters tho

2. The following user said thank you to braazts for this useful post:

«Benjamin» (05-22-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Surfen View Post
    isnt it cool to have salty haters tho
    Yea it's kind of fun to see how mad people can get.

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lart View Post
    To be honest in reality, if all of us post our internet connection reports here, majority wouldn't have perfect connection with all A+ on it. I've seen players in NA/EU having the same issues. Btw I dunno who shermanomam is, so don't assume his in SeedFanClub.

This.
    Also last I remembered, Gunz didn't used to be about so hung up easily about reporting people for unintentionally having "bad" connection and trying to prevent them from enjoying a game.
    People weren't so salty and petty that they would get worked up so easily. I mean wouldn't you want to try and retain any amount of players with this already declining player base?

If you keep reporting everyone you see who happens to spike you'll be left with maybe half of the active players? And it's not like we've never played with people spiking before, we just never bothered to go through the trouble of reporting each person we see. When I get killed by some teleporting guy I'll just react with my usual "WOTFOK? Fk dis shunpo" and then be done with it, as anyone who has played with me would know.

And don't assume just because Kart doesn't use wired connection means that he doesn't want to. Sometimes it's not feasible or practical for a person. For e.g if someone's pc/room is in a totally different part of the house than the modem/router.

One more thing.. With all these talk about buffer bloat and jitter, why is it that we Singaporeans/Malaysians have no such problems when fighting one another? If it's a low quality connection as described then shouldn't we face the same issues with one another even with low ping. Lol.

loneeagle's Avatar Brazzers #1 subscriber.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by SEED View Post

This.
    Also last I remembered, Gunz didn't used to be about so hung up easily about reporting people for unintentionally having "bad" connection and trying to prevent them from enjoying a game.
    People weren't so salty and petty that they would get worked up so easily. I mean wouldn't you want to try and retain any amount of players with this already declining player base?

If you keep reporting everyone you see who happens to spike you'll be left with maybe half of the active players? And it's not like we've never played with people spiking before, we just never bothered to go through the trouble of reporting each person we see. When I get killed by some teleporting guy I'll just react with my usual "WOTFOK? Fk dis shunpo" and then be done with it, as anyone who has played with me would know.

And don't assume just because Kart doesn't use wired connection means that he doesn't want to. Sometimes it's not feasible or practical for a person. For e.g if someone's pc/room is in a totally different part of the house than the modem/router.

One more thing.. With all these talk about buffer bloat and jitter, why is it that we Singaporeans/Malaysians have no such problems when fighting one another? If it's a low quality connection as described then shouldn't we face the same issues with one another even with low ping. Lol.
    All you guyses connection is fine they all just QQ men

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    If you have a typical router just turn QoS on and set your upload and download speed limit somewhere between 85% to 95% of it's max.

I doubt hardly any of you have custom firmware on your routers but if you do have one like dd-wrt you can do it more specific. Just enable QoS, select HTB as your packet scheduler and FQ_CODEL as the queuing discipline, then limit your download and upload speed. Nothing else to really say in this thread, that's the basics of what you can do.
    Last edited by S1lent; 05-22-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Sunfire's Avatar [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by loneeagle View Post
    All you guyses connection is fine they all just QQ men
    They are pretty much saying their connection isn't fine here buddy.

This.

To be honest in reality, if all of us post our internet connection reports here, majority wouldn't have perfect connection with all A+ on it. I've seen players in NA/EU having the same issues. Btw I dunno who shermanomam is, so don't assume his in SeedFanClub.
    You are kinda missing the point of the reports. I personally reported you guys because you couldn't understand that you were spiking.
    If you were cooperative from the start we wouldn't have to report you. Now that you are trying to fix it I dont have a reason to report you.
    It's not about hatred or discrimination against Singaporeans like this thread states.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bible View Post
    Lol gooks go back to ur rice fields
    bible just mad he failed the tryout for seedfunclub

Thanks
    Originally Posted by shermanomam View Post
    Okay okay sure man. Keep reporting. Keep denying after mods have said most of us are fine. Glhf
    People like you train our tolerance level and I guess it can be a good thing
    Mods are just as ignorant on the issue if even more so than the SFC members honestly. Linzor already said that if it looks like its intentional spiking then he has to follow the QC of the server and warn them like with Kart.

Lousy excuse. Maybe not all of us have A+ on everything, and most have a high bufferbloat because of the ignorance to it but you can take measures to solve it yourself. But most of us do have an A or A+ in Quality. It looks like youre just going to do nothing because you see it justified as "everyone else has it too" . Packetloss which what you have, is unacceptable for gaming.so youl get reported on it and you deserve it.

This.

Excuse you, the more players have a bad connection the more it drags the game down for everyone else. I'm guessing you never played during igunz when this was very prevalent. Players would always rather play with a few people who have a good gonnection than 100 others with a bad one. BR and SG has always polluted GunZ with excessively high pings and just bad connection issues all around beyond "distance".

Like it's already been said, Koreans were not nearly as laggy and Europeans rarely ever have these issues, while pinoys or brazil, israel was typically worse. FG admins have decided to make bad connections reportable unlike other serveers and the users are utilizing the system as intended, that's a good thing because it means they care about how much gameplay is an enjoyable experience for the users in line with the standards they set.

All you're doing is doubling down on how there is nothing you can do and we should all just accept and be happy about laggy players dragging the game down because its 1 more player on the server. There's always a solution, you're just not willing to look and actually put in any effort.
    https://www.amazon.com/100FT-ETHERNE.../dp/B001BJTDH0

Per your last question.
    ISPs have to go through multiple nodes to ping another player and the more nodes you go through the more chances it has to screw up. By default players in the same general area are going to have less of an issue with eachother because theres less red-tape to go through before reaching another player. When the connection route fails completely on pinging all the nodes you would get 999 ping to someone before NAT was introduced. Instead of a complete failure, you may get a weaker connection after all of the pinging across nodes on the other side of the world, but that is ontop of your connection issues you already have

And you can have your ISPs fix poor routing as well, I've had a friend in the US get 80-90 ping to me due to poor route of the ping, but they called their ISP and the player dropped to 40 ping as which was their normal. Stop being lazy and start looking into how to get a better connection to everyone.
    Last edited by Qwin; 05-22-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    @ qwin

ping 16ms/ download 4.34mpbs/upload 5.96mpbs

is that bad

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jeru View Post
    @ qwin
    ping 16ms/ download 4.34mpbs/upload 5.96mpbs
    is that bad
    around 5mb up and down is fine for GunZ.

A big upload is only going to help if you are hosting a server which is different than just hosting a room, If you played the trainwreck of GunZ 2 that would make the player the host, so upload speeds would tank the experience for everyone else. But since FG hosts everything and we all connect to their dedicated server then that's largely irrelevant. People have gamed online with 1mbs with no issue, the amount of data demanded is really minimal in gaming. You should get by fine on 5mbs on XBOX Live too, provided you dont have high bufferbloat which will reduce the efficiency.

Pinging a server for a speedtest is only as informative as how close you are to the actual server thats being pinged, which is not very useful information. Thats why Silent liked using the one that pings around the world and gives an average read out.
    Last edited by Qwin; 05-22-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information