Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Freestyler

Thanks
    one of the main things ive seen have great effect in other forums is when a thread that carried legit discussion be closed and then re-opend after being cleaned up with a warning to the community that one more mess up would result in the deletion of the thread. After a series of this happening, i saw the community learn the hard way and it resulted in an amazing change in atmosphere and user behavior. Just something i've noticed.

Banned

Thanks
    is it just me or are you only active when complaining about the server and forum?

3. The following user said thank you to mr guy for this useful post:

Kira (04-30-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by mr guy View Post
    is it just me or are you only active when complaining about the server and forum?
    Why not pm me that question or even better, say that on my profile page if you must.

On topic: Legit always the same people.

Corque's Avatar The New Guy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    one of the main things ive seen have great effect in other forums is when a thread that carried legit discussion be closed and then re-opend after being cleaned up with a warning to the community that one more mess up would result in the deletion of the thread. After a series of this happening, i saw the community learn the hard way and it resulted in an amazing change in atmosphere and user behavior. Just something i've noticed.
    But if the thread has been closed here it means that it has gone off-topic, in which case the thread is no longer needed.
    You could always private chat to the person who kept on-topic in the thread.

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by mr guy View Post
    that's irrelevant. also, he's clearly not complaining; whatever the issue may be, he has his own reasons to think so and he provides arguments to why he thinks the issue in question is an issue in the first place.

Originally Posted by Corque View Post
    But if the thread has been closed here it means that it has gone off-topic, in which case the thread is no longer needed.
    You could always private chat to the person who kept on-topic in the thread.
    thats just avoiding the problem, not solving it. also, having a private chat concerning something that matters the whole server isn't really a good idea.

the title of this thread is borderline provocative, but the content itself is solid and founded with proper arguments. there's a strong 'if it isnt broken, dont fix it' mentality going on here, and theres something fundamentally wrong with it in this case. sure, closing threads works fine and keep the forum clean, but you're also halting progress here and its counter intuitive. it seems that most people don't really care cause it doesnt concern them, but this is basically the same as a 100 player event getting canceled cause 1 player called the GM a ****tard.

7. The following user said thank you to ZAIN for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (04-30-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    wucas what u think, check my reply

Saam's Avatar 超常发挥

Thanks
    FGunZ got ****ed up the day Rash resigned.

GEORGE WORST STAFF

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Saam View Post
    FGunZ got ****ed up the day Rash resigned.

GEORGE WORST STAFF
    shouldnt be allowed to post if this is how you act on a thread that is at least trying to be serious.

11. The following user said thank you to KoVuMASA for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-05-2014)

a

Country
    Thanks
    i agree man

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Yeah, I think you're becoming too much of a cry baby. Try and bring some positive things to the forum as well, not just complaining in this sense.

I do agree with you, and this discussion has been held plenty of times before. Getting the thread locked is never the fault of the community, I feel like some specific users ruin threads for the majority with toxic, spam and hateful replies towards others. The action being taken quite often is locking the thread, Stephan is saying he rather locks a thread then to remove 95% of the spam in it.

Let me try and explain it on a situational matter. If we go back in time, say 3 years, we didn't behave the same way we do now. I believe we had a lot more respect for one another then we have right now, and even if we didn't we were never able to express ourselves the way we can right now. We don't need to go back in time to get that back, we could however use some disciplinary action taken instead of the 'preventing' (easy) lock. Right now things can go like this:

Thread gets created --> Someone gives a hateful reply --> hateful replies stack --> lock

Current (Just took the liberty of taking Mike for an example since we all know he's such a fairy like person and will forgive me):
    DDaggerDD makes this thread --> Miko pls goes hateful --> No action gets taken --> Miko doesn't change his behavior

What could/should be:
    DDagger makes this thread --> Miko pls goes hateful --> Remove post, warn user --> Miko 'should learn' and won't do this again soon

= More peace + cleaner thread + more respect = win.

To get to that point, mods need to stop closing thread but punish those who aren't behaving. Not infracting but personally take care of it. And the mods need to be on the same line, without just sticking to rules because rules don't cover all sorts of situations. Therefor, a 'head mod' has to come back to guide the mods in the right direction (Dave can't do 'everything' and shouldn't have to).
    Last edited by slugheady; 05-04-2014 at 09:15 PM.

14. The following 2 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

-AznNinja (05-08-2014), DDaggerDD (05-05-2014)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information