Originally Posted by Linzor View Post
That's still a punishment no matter how you look at it. You decreasing the amount they can win, it's not fair in any sense.

The fact you say "people won't even bother playing if they can't win" is bs. It never stopped people from joining the events from when even race was created, and even when I was ET there was the same people winning those events all the time, and even since then the race event in particular has never decreased in players and I don't think you see tons of less players in it now compared to all other events, unless you perhaps compare it to the most popular events but that's not a fair comparison.
Originally Posted by Bipolarity View Post
Most of the new rules/events/ideas are discussed in private with all of the Event Team and Event Team Helpers, however this was an exception.

I agree with Linzor though, it's a big no regarding not letting skilled players win more points in one event. Events should be competitive, and if some people leave events because they can 'already guess who is gonna win' then honestly it's their choice. None of the players who win most points gained their skill overnight. It takes time and focus, and even with that, it is possible that they will screw up and die.

Personally I've never limit the Race events to +3 maximum, the reason being that 99% of the times nobody won more than 3 points. There was one particular situation in Lolrace where 2 players were competing with eachother and the scoreline in points was 4-1. Regardless of that, other players still played and enjoyed the events. In Deathrace the skilled players usually get ganged so they can't win. Regular race isn't so hard, all it takes is a little practice. Lolrace is different and only a few players can complete the whole map, so limiting it to +3 max there is doing no good, since noone else will win the event. The skilled ones should be awarded with +5 if needed because it's a hard event and takes time to master.

I'm asking some of you (the players) to have a little tolerance and a more friendlier tone with the new-ish ETs (same goes to ETs who can be biased). Mistakes happen to everyone and from time to time if my fellow Event Team mates strive to improve we will all have a more quality time in events.
I still think that letting one player win a max of +3 is justified and certainly is not a punishment, so we may differ in opinions on that matter.

Yes, events should be competitive, thats exactly why I apply the +3 cap. In events such as race there is hardly any competition at all, since the same group of people keep winning. Them taking the effort in training for the event is rewarded with more than half of the awarded points, which is more than enough. Give others a chance to win too.