Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    Thank you sama.

Relating back to room tags being an issue for the competitive scene, what do you guys think of that claim?
    Spoiler!

Maybe look through all the pages because an developer already answered it '-'.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    Spoiler!

Maybe look through all the pages because an developer already answered it '-'.

http://www.ilbe.com/files/attach/new...ce952551f1.gif
    answered? thats just his opinion. Doesn't mean i shouldn't ask what other people think of room tags just cause one staff member said their opinion on them as well.

Anyway, whats your opinion if you havent mentioned it already?

basically this.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 04-29-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    As I have said before, channels with roomtags will conflict with future developments.

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    As I have said before, channels with roomtags will conflict with future developments.
    are you saying a channel that is actually controlled by one overlooking "room tag"? because, if there was a way to just have a separate channel where room tags could not be used, well i honestly can't say what I think this would do, mainly because I do not know what is the defined issue regarding room tags and competitiveness in fgunz. I know players have said many things they believe is wrong with room tags but there has not been a defined issue as far as I know. So coming up with any ideas about some undefined shape would be meaningless imo.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    are you saying a channel that is actually controlled by one overlooking "room tag"? because, if there was a way to just have a separate channel where room tags could not be used, well i honestly can't say what I think this would do, mainly because I do not know what is the defined issue regarding room tags and competitiveness in fgunz. I know players have said many things they believe is wrong with room tags but there has not been a defined issue as far as I know. So coming up with any ideas about some undefined shape would be meaningless imo.
    Any changes to channels at all will cause problems with other updates.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Anyway, whats your opinion if you havent mentioned it already?
    Don't be intimidated by the wall of text that I already posted several pages back. Anyway, to spare you the trouble of searching, here's my opinion:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Eddie; 04-30-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    People who think the servers dying make me laugh.

I hope you all realize that Fgunz was at under 100 player count about 3 years ago. It's had peaks and drops constantly since it's been around.

I don't see fgunz dying for a long time. Don't ask me why, because gunz is an outdated game, but fgunz just seems to stay around regardless of what happens to it; through shutdowns and everything.
    Yes you're right that we had a low player count a long time ago, and that's back up again. But don't just look at fgunz, look at the bigger picture, gunz in general. Even official servers have been closing, the total amount of players for this game isn't that high anymore. And I bet that on a monthly basis we have more people quitting the game then joining the game, thats why I think it's dieing. And that would also be one of the reason to not exclude that competitive element in this server. I say try to have both, try thinking of every possibility to keep that competitive element in here, make it grow, attract older players to maybe have a chance at some tournaments and cw's. At least give it a shot and don't just stick with what there is now.

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Yes you're right that we had a low player count a long time ago, and that's back up again. But don't just look at fgunz, look at the bigger picture, gunz in general. Even official servers have been closing, the total amount of players for this game isn't that high anymore. And I bet that on a monthly basis we have more people quitting the game then joining the game, thats why I think it's dieing. And that would also be one of the reason to not exclude that competitive element in this server. I say try to have both, try thinking of every possibility to keep that competitive element in here, make it grow, attract older players to maybe have a chance at some tournaments and cw's. At least give it a shot and don't just stick with what there is now.
    Almost everything slowly dies eventually, just saying. I think a big reason you claim to see more leaving than joining is because GunZ is difficult to attract brand new players, emphasis on brand new. Mostly players come from other servers or they return after not playing for a long time. Yes, we should find innovative ways to bring those people back or attract those other players here, but in a way that doesn't alter how a certain group of people play the game. You say "don't just stick with what there is now." From what I see, the problem with that is that a majority don't want to keep what we have and add something different. They want to REMOVE parts of what we have. That's where the problem lies. If you take away part of what "makes the game" for certain players, you basically take away the game from them. We all customize this game to our own liking, and that's the best part.. we have that freedom to do so. We don't HAVE to make this a competitive game. We can choose to sit in a relaxing training room with no hassle of waiting to reload, or to go quest with our buddies, or go play infected. OR if we want to make things competitive, we can make a duel room with no room tags, hell any game mode with no room tags for that matter, or we can go clan war.

If you want my honest opinion, I think what we have now is okay for now (both competitive and non-competitive sides), but we should still find innovative ideas to attract more people. I just think the competitive players who are upset don't make the best out of what we're "sticking with now." Competitive players that are upset are free to make ANY game mode they like with NO ROOM TAGS. They can make just as many rooms as there are with [R] tags. You can do DM, TDM, Gladiator, Team Gladiator, Duel, the list goes on. AND they can even clan war where room tags aren't even an option, something non-competitive players who prefer the [R] tag don't get. And from what I understand, THEY GET CASH ****ING MONEY FROM CLAN WAR. What's the problem ? Not enough competitive people ? That's now how I see it at least. I think there's plenty of them. Just most don't want to make the best out of what there is already. Just want more, and are trying to do so by taking away what "makes the game" for other players. I apologize if this seems a little close-minded. I tried to stay as open as possible, but this is basically what I'm gathering from the posts I read and the opinions I see. I know this isn't how every individual member feels, but it seems to be what most are generally centering around.

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Almost everything slowly dies eventually, just saying. I think a big reason you claim to see more leaving than joining is because GunZ is difficult to attract brand new players, emphasis on brand new. Mostly players come from other servers or they return after not playing for a long time. Yes, we should find innovative ways to bring those people back or attract those other players here, but in a way that doesn't alter how a certain group of people play the game. You say "don't just stick with what there is now." From what I see, the problem with that is that a majority don't want to keep what we have and add something different. They want to REMOVE parts of what we have. That's where the problem lies. If you take away part of what "makes the game" for certain players, you basically take away the game from them. We all customize this game to our own liking, and that's the best part.. we have that freedom to do so. We don't HAVE to make this a competitive game. We can choose to sit in a relaxing training room with no hassle of waiting to reload, or to go quest with our buddies, or go play infected. OR if we want to make things competitive, we can make a duel room with no room tags, hell any game mode with no room tags for that matter, or we can go clan war.

If you want my honest opinion, I think what we have now is okay for now (both competitive and non-competitive sides), but we should still find innovative ideas to attract more people. I just think the competitive players who are upset don't make the best out of what we're "sticking with now." Competitive players that are upset are free to make ANY game mode they like with NO ROOM TAGS. They can make just as many rooms as there are with [R] tags. You can do DM, TDM, Gladiator, Team Gladiator, Duel, the list goes on. AND they can even clan war where room tags aren't even an option, something non-competitive players who prefer the [R] tag don't get. And from what I understand, THEY GET CASH ****ING MONEY FROM CLAN WAR. What's the problem ? Not enough competitive people ? That's now how I see it at least. I think there's plenty of them. Just most don't want to make the best out of what there is already. Just want more, and are trying to do so by taking away what "makes the game" for other players. I apologize if this seems a little close-minded. I tried to stay as open as possible, but this is basically what I'm gathering from the posts I read and the opinions I see. I know this isn't how every individual member feels, but it seems to be what most are generally centering around.
    I respect your opinion and somewhat agree with it, mostly. I'm not saying we should remove any roomtags etc. The reason I emerged myself in this discussion is the attitude of Mike, you can read his reply a few pages back. You can read my response on that as well, and then you'll understand my whole position in this subject.

10. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (04-30-2014)

Shank's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    As i have mentioned plenty of times...the problem with fg is cw. Roomtags are fine as they are optional.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread Information