Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Hmm. Does sound like a lot of work to manually sum up suggestions every time to present them with more details in a message in game, as well as coding a feature to up/down-vote said suggestions from ingame.

Reading this I immediately thought of our existing mail system, which isn't used much, but informs you every time in lobby if you have new mails. We could use said mail system to (automatically) send ingame mails to active users to inform them about forum news, VIP events and suggestions.
    The voting mechanism could also be implemented on forums (where its probably a lot easier to do), and ingame would just include something along the lines of "Check out this new suggestion that might interest you, and voice your opinion at {link}!", in the mail.

In the past, we had a voting system for suggestions on forums, but it was removed with V8, and also wasn't really used to consider suggestions because most suggestions arent a simple "yes" or "no".
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-22-2022 at 04:55 PM.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The voting mechanism could also be implemented on forums (where its probably a lot easier to do), and ingame would just include something along the lines of "Check out this new suggestion that might interest you, and voice your opinion at {link}!", in the mail.

In the past, we had a voting system for suggestions on forums, but it was removed with V8, and also wasn't really used to consider suggestions because most suggestions arent a simple "yes" or "no".
    Would have to ask Dave to re-add such a function. Though we do already have a poll function, thanks function and reply function, to get feedback on suggestions.

Though an automatic poll with "Do you agree with this suggestion? Yes, I agree. - No, I disagree. - I'm not sure." options might be something for suggestions.

3. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Bunny (01-22-2022)

Thread Information