Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I did not lock that thread cause I felt you guys needed the space to argue about it (I guess).
    But starting off with the first thread (the map question), I simply lock threads when a clear answer has been given thus I feel like there is nothing else to discus -> spam prevention.
    Okay, so it was someone else. (I would like to know who it was).

You know what, I'll carry you to gold if you don't lock threads that easily in the future ;D?

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Okay, so it was someone else. (I would like to know who it was).

You know what, I'll carry you to gold if you don't lock threads that easily in the future ;D?
    steph too heavty h4h4h4huh8hree

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by mr guy View Post
    steph too heavty h4h4h4huh8hree
    Here is the reason threads get closed.

4. The following user said thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Again (11-05-2013)

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    No that's no reason thats just a dude that wants some attention, there are forum moderators for some reason right? this community isn't 100% serious about threads like this so there will ALWAYS be ppl doing that.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Mods can just remove that post.

I don't even know why grave digging is being brought up, but something must be wrong with the people saying that. This isn't about grave digging, nor about the automatically closing threads that aren't replied in for 2 weeks. Don't bring up useless arguments already. It's about fresh threads being closed too soon, closing without reason which I feel happens a bit too often. All I'm asking is whether or not people agree with it, and what might be the solution. I'm not saying threads are supposed to be left open forever, I'm not saying mods shouldn't close any thread whatsoever. I'm just saying, that it might be happening a bit too often. So maybe, for future actions, mods can take the communities vote into consideration and maybe clean up some spammers instead of locking everything straight away.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Mods can just remove that post.

I don't even know why grave digging is being brought up, but something must be wrong with the people saying that. This isn't about grave digging, nor about the automatically closing threads that aren't replied in for 2 weeks. Don't bring up useless arguments already. It's about fresh threads being closed too soon, closing without reason which I feel happens a bit too often. All I'm asking is whether or not people agree with it, and what might be the solution. I'm not saying threads are supposed to be left open forever, I'm not saying mods shouldn't close any thread whatsoever. I'm just saying, that it might be happening a bit too often. So maybe, for future actions, mods can take the communities vote into consideration and maybe clean up some spammers instead of locking everything straight away.
    Now you are just making no sense at all. This thread of yours is the succession of Mara's correct? May I quote the first posts of his thread.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Threads are open forums for discussion, stop closing them so prudently. I've seen threads be revitalized after 3 years, I just started a thread asking why they close threads so much, and they one word anwser'd me and closed the thread(ironic). Anyways, what's your opinion? Do they close your threads too early? Or for insignificant reasons, like a single troll?
    Three years is a grave dig sir, don't turn this around on me saying that I am bringing up useless discussion, you are the one who made this thread. I agreed that Mara's thread was closed to early but said that grave digging is something I would moderate with or without the automatic closing of threads. My comment is totally relevant. Overall I see this whole thing as another "moderation team vs the world" type deal and it is rather annoying. You want your thread opened, ask for it to be opened. It isn't that difficult; I dealt with it for months with my developer pieces, seeing that they would be closed before I finished a project. (Note I am still in disagreement with the closing of Mara's thread. I am simply stating under ordinary conditions there is no problem in how threads are treated.)
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 11-05-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Now you are just making no sense at all. This thread of yours is the succession of Mara's correct? May I quote the first posts of his thread.

Three years is a grave dig sir, don't turn this around on me saying that I am bringing up useless discussion, you are the one who made this thread. I agreed that Mara's thread was closed to early but said that grave digging is something I would moderate with or without the automatic closing of threads. My comment is totally relevant. Overall I see this whole thing as another "moderation team vs the world" type deal and it is rather annoying. You want your thread opened, ask for it to be opened. It isn't that difficult; I dealt with it for months with my developer pieces, seeing that they would be closed before I finished a project. (Note I am still in disagreement with the closing of Mara's thread. I am simply stating under ordinary conditions there is no problem in how threads are treated.)
    The reason I made this thread was not only because I wanted to state my opinion in the Mara's thread, but also because I've been having this several times now. I never mentioned grave digging or anything like it, it was purely about threads being closed too soon (I don't know how often I'm going to have to repeat this). Bringing grave digging into this discussion seems pretty pointless to me, I agree that old threads are being closed after inactivity of 2 weeks.

I don't understand why you keep thinking it's about older threads being closed, that I can just PM them to re-open them. It's about discussions that just started, and already being shut for no reason.

You calling this some "moderation team vs the world" is quite undermining and pathetic, something you're are probably rather good at. People from time to time have been saying that threads are being locked too often, or for no reason. I'm just trying to point out, once again, that it shouldn't happen that quickly. And if you're getting annoyed by the fact that the "community" is saying something, whether thats 1 person or an entire group, than you should re-consider your function here. I'm not trying to say you're doing a bad job, but honestly if you just go yell out that you think this is some kinda pathetic action from people who are annoyed, than you just don't belong in that position.

The forum is here not only for information but to have discussions with each other, locking them quickly isn't going to help anything. And the reasons given in the past for saying it might just become some spam topic or whatsoever is just plain bullshit. As a moderator you're supposed to guide the conversation the right way, take action upon those who aren't taking any positive influence in the discussion, remove spam and infract flamers. Not just locking it all up to prevent something that might just happen...

Thread Information