Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Indeed, 60 fps gives an unfair advantage. So does spending time perfecting gameplay and learning medstyle to finish first in lolrace. People spent time tinkering with gameplay and discovering that 60 fps makes you move slightly faster. People also discovered you can kstyle and climb walls 14 years ago. This game is about discovering and people who spent lots of time playing gained an advantage over people who dont and the same people discovered 60 fps can make you move faster.

Yes i know getting 4th place sucks. You spent the best part of 20 minutes and youre just about to win and then you lose. I completely understand the reasoning for creating this suggestion but again, if you played more or you had better luck with tomas's last teleport you wouldve won potentially +3 over the guy who runs fast.

R0B3N's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Indeed, 60 fps gives an unfair advantage. So does spending time perfecting gameplay and learning medstyle to finish first in lolrace. People spent time tinkering with gameplay and discovering that 60 fps makes you move slightly faster. People also discovered you can kstyle and climb walls 14 years ago. This game is about discovering and people who spent lots of time playing gained an advantage over people who dont and the same people discovered 60 fps can make you move faster.

Yes i know getting 4th place sucks. You spent the best part of 20 minutes and youre just about to win and then you lose. I completely understand the reasoning for creating this suggestion but again, if you played more or you had better luck with tomas's last teleport you wouldve won potentially +3 over the guy who runs fast.
    I respect your reply, but I think you missed everything I said.

I disagree with your view on unfair advantages, I feel skill, training, finding out specific ways to play should be treated differently as changing something technical to boost your playing experiences.

Second, the thing about me being 4th was an anecdote on what happened and had no relevance to me on an emotional level nor was it the basis of my complaint. My point is that you have to look at every aspect (that isn't player skillbased, but rather technical) and improve the feeling of fairplay. Whether that is encouraging or informing rather people of being able to move faster with 60 fps or other measures in this case. You want to prevent someone with less or equal amount of skill gaining an advantage over the person with that equal or higher level of skill by the use of setting something technical. However since this technical thing is available to everyone and legal it would be well advised to at least inform the people of the pros and cons of something like that in an event like this.

I think we're not on the same line, If someone who is inexperienced playing this game loses in an event to someone who is more experienced because they trained more, that just means the newer or inexperienced player has to put more effort to catch up to the rest. But if that newer player would merely lose to such a technicality rather than because of their skill, it would seem unfair to me. Even though it's not illegal or that unfair, but what you want to accomplish is that you have as much of an equal chance as you can when on the same playing level.
    Last edited by R0B3N; 04-18-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by R0B3N View Post
    I respect your reply, but I think you missed everything I said.

I disagree with your view on unfair advantages, I feel skill, training, finding out specific ways to play should be treated differently as changing something technical to boost your playing experiences.

Second, the thing about me being 4th was an anecdote on what happened and had no relevance to me on an emotional level nor was it the basis of my complaint. My point is that you have to look at every aspect (that isn't player skillbased, but rather technical) and improve the feeling of fairplay. Whether that is encouraging or informing rather people of being able to move faster with 60 fps or other measures in this case. You want to prevent someone with less or equal amount of skill gaining an advantage over the person with that equal or higher level of skill by the use of setting something technical. However since this technical thing is available to everyone and legal it would be well advised to at least inform the people of the pros and cons of something like that in an event like this.

I think we're not on the same line, If someone who is inexperienced playing this game loses in an event to someone who is more experienced because they trained more, that just means the newer or inexperienced player has to put more effort to catch up to the rest. But if that newer player would merely lose to such a technicality rather than because of their skill, it would seem unfair to me. Even though it's not illegal or that unfair, but what you want to accomplish is that you have as much of an equal chance as you can when on the same playing level.
    Gaining an advantage by changing something technical about the game or improving skill wise are indeed 2 different things, but they are both completely valid. almost every popular game youd play nowadays, has tens of different settings that, some less obvious than others, give you an advantage over your opponent, for example league of legends and the target nearest button that new players have to have another player tell them about this feature for them to use.

If someone who is newer loses to a technicality then he can seek out a guide (in gunz's case there are no guides due to the small community) that gives him tips and tricks on how to perform better by changing technical settings.

Thread Information