Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by RandomHero View Post
    well i said i'd fix some parts up and reduce the verts also i removed the bipod
    so i knocked like 160 verts off from all around the model fixing spots where i wasnt so efficient as i should have been but i think it still looks ok and its even better now its under 500 verts

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2127bb2b.png
    >i knocked like 160 verts off from all around the model
    >i knocked like 160 verts off
    >like 160 verts
    >verts

When did it begin to matter how many vertices were used? Last I checked faces were the only things that were drawn in game. (YAY 1D!)

Also note, when you decide to steal someone's texture you might want to make note of it in your post. Not telling others may give someone the wrong impression, especially when your remade mesh doesn't do the texture justice at all. http://www.game-artist.net/forums/fi...tt-50-cal.html
    Spoiler!

Stifle that Rifle - Lucas Warren
    I spy with my two eyes a mesh with at least 50 useless tris
    Wait o wait, I'm not done, could there be stretching all across this gun?
    Yes indeed, I spot it now, right on the trigger guard, o holy cow.

Soon you will see, just how easy, Wucas can critique thee.

We start with the trigger, that useless piece.
    Hidden by the hand, practices like this soon must cease!

Moving on to muzzle, that octa-wrong if you will.
    Why are these capped when what is seen equals nil?

The bipod was removed, so you can get off with that
    But next time you use that many faces I'll give you a pat.

Lastly we'll stop with where magazine meets gun
    This is far to detailed, it is simply way overdone.

Do not think me mean, i wrote this poem for you!
    If you stop using deficient modeling practices, you'll pull through.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 04-27-2013 at 11:14 AM.

RandomHero's Avatar The Newgen Developer

Thanks
    I used the texture to an extent yes lol
    i used that side bit
    but ok fair enough
    ill leave the appropiate credits in the post

can i write a poem for you now?
    Last edited by RandomHero; 04-27-2013 at 11:14 AM.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    alright first of all everyone chill out, second i understand what laceup is saying when i myself think of a barrett i think of that ugly as hell bipod LOL thats the main reason i've added it here but then again what vickachu is saying is also right because its not essential to have on the model its just a add on i mean without it, it doesnt make it any less of a barrett, as hellsniper said its more the muzzle that makes it a 50. cal and im gonna go over the model again before i class it as 100% just to cut out those minor errors i made because i rushed it but its ok ill get the verts around 500 and it will be a decent model but thanks for taking your time to point out a few things slug and haze. and slug im not gonna lie i didn't read half of your post because honestly your not trying to help me your trying to make me out to be that kid that knows nothing and will never know nothing, i feel nothing but hate from you and i feel like your trying to run me and everything i do into the ground, you sound so knowledgeable but your ego gets in the way of helping anyone and i mean ive seen you do this to LOTS of people and mate your a joke, i understand what your saying but i cant take it into account because your an absolute jerk about it.
    Seriously didn't you read the first line? Are you ****ing dumb or what? Everything I said in that post was a 100% true, I pointed out the things you did wrong in the model and it was a whole bunch of them.

I'm one of the only persons on this forum that knows what he's talking about, I've had way more experience then any of you guys with exception of HellSniper and Warren. You really should lick my ass for taking the time to criticize this bad model, you're never going to improve being ignorant like this. You should also change your attitude towards me and the way you behave, I'm seriously about to start a fking community vote to get you demoted. You lack the skill to do the job your hired for.

Since you've been hired I've only see this model come along, you have been Developer now for like what, 3 weeks? And all you're capable of is making some shitty box model bad texture gun? Piss off kid, and ****ing read my previous post until you can write it down without looking it up. Everything in there is written to help improve the model and you as a developer, being nice is over.

Thanks
    Slug do you have anything better to do in your life?
    ive made several more items but im only sharing this because someone asked me to make it
    chill out mind your own shit and let me do what i gotta do
    if i get fired i get fired its not your concern so go do something better with yourself.

and i am kingwarren01
    thankyou! <3<3<3<3

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    Freaking Australiaaans.

'_'

6. The following user said thank you to Ollypayy for this useful post:

RandomHero (04-27-2013)

Thanks
    Slug do you have anything better to do in your life?
    ive made several more items but im only sharing this because someone asked me to make it
    chill out mind your own shit and let me do what i gotta do
    if i get fired i get fired its not your concern so go do something better with yourself.

and i am kingwarren01
    thankyou! <3<3<3<3

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps706bce9f.png
    I'll make a thread sooner or later concerning your attitude, skill and position.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    I'll make a thread sooner or later concerning your attitude, skill and position.
    ATTITUDE?!
    Can you even talk about others attitude?
    im only rude towards you because you are rude towards me, ever heard of the saying "Treat others how you Wish to be treated" ?
    well maybe you should start living by it because you seem to treat alot of people including myself like crap.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Just clarifying Lucas Warren (me) =/= KingWarren ( Warren Scoots)

Thanks
    ATTITUDE?!
    Can you even talk about others attitude?
    im only rude towards you because you are rude towards me, ever heard of the saying "Treat others how you Wish to be treated" ?
    well maybe you should start living by it because you seem to treat alot of people including myself like crap.
    Weren't you the ignorant piece of shit that came walking in thinking he could do it all? The first things I said to you was to test you as a person, when you just got promoted. The following conversations we had just prooved you were bad as a developer and a person. I'm known for being like this and people respond all different to it.

Funny thing is, people such as Victor come to me to ask if their model is alright, in the beginning I gave them the exact same response as I'm giving you right now, or rather just feedback. The different between an actual developer is like victor and somebody with the likes of you is that he actually does something with it and doesn't act like he knows it all.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Weren't you the ignorant piece of shit that came walking in thinking he could do it all? The first things I said to you was to test you as a person, when you just got promoted. The following conversations we had just prooved you were bad as a developer and a person. I'm known for being like this and people respond all different to it.

Funny thing is, people such as Victor come to me to ask if their model is alright, in the beginning I gave them the exact same response as I'm giving you right now, or rather just feedback. The different between an actual developer is like victor and somebody with the likes of you is that he actually does something with it and doesn't act like he knows it all.
    i have not acted at all like i know it all the main thing i stated when i applied here was that i wanna learn new things and improve my developing
    as soon as you talked to me i felt like you were just trying to bully me because your better or whatever
    and thats fine you do that but im not going to listen to you if your going to be a **** about it
    theres seeing what someones like by giving them respect and seeing if you get it back
    at no point before you started being a ass to me did i disrespect you
    so maybe you need to work out how to communicate with people a little better..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information