Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Sup. So this is long overdue. My application was put into the trial phase some time ago. The reason as to why I'm still on trial is because I was unable to put hours into Gunz for two weeks or so after originally being put on trial. Real work comes first, unfortunately, and a new version of Angular came out and I was tasked to update all previous works to the new RC. My trial period is set to end when my code gets pushed to a live update, which I'm being told is somewhat soon.

That being said, on to what I've been doing.
    As a lot of you are aware, GunZ is an old game. Very old. Original development started anywhere between 1999 and 2002. The earliest date I've been able to find in the source code is sometime in 1999. With that in mind, understand that Gunz is not a game that is inherently secure. There really is no end-all be-all way of "patching" hacks. There is, however, ways of detecting them. Along with that, I've made recent strides in making FGunZ in particular, harder to debug. The operative word here is "harder". While I am confident this will completely stop low to mid-level developers from having free-reign on the game, I am not as confident that those at a higher level of skill will be completely stopped.

With the new system being developed and implemented, these developers are going to have a rougher time. That's not to say that the game will not have those questionable few, it will. But they'll be few and far between in comparison to past iterations of the game.

This is a decade old if not more cat & mouse game that will never come to an end. The cheat developers will always be at an advantage, leaving people like Jeff, Silent, Linear, and I, fighting an uphill battle. But it's one that we're willing to keep on fighting.

I want to move in a direction that lets the dev team focus more on new features, and less on preventing cheats. Which is why I'm not going to focus on patching individual cheats. All patches will be applied in as broad of a manner as possible. Meaning a single runnable won't be targeted by any one patch.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have nothing to worry about, you do. People will always find a way to give themselves an advantage. S1lent has made some really cool features that will both prevent certain issues, as well as improve game play at its' core. I hope that's something that you guys get excited for.

The bottom line is this: If you cheat, you will be banned. It doesn't matter if the person you bought from promised you it was "unpatchable" because it doesn't touch the Gunz process. I promise you, it is.

On a side note, I'd like to encourage players to report more often. As I'm confident in what's being developed, there's no reason to not do manual inspections when players feel they are necessary. Don't be afraid to make a report. If making a thread with clips and screenshots seems like too much work for a report, please understand that making a report is something that directly benefits both you, and the game.
    Last edited by Modal; 09-19-2016 at 12:14 AM.

2. The following 16 users say thank you to Modal for this useful post:

Cid (09-19-2016), Damp (09-19-2016), Eddie (09-27-2016), GeorgeGFX (09-19-2016), gunzsam (09-20-2016), Jetman (09-19-2016), Jonathan pls (09-20-2016), justRelax (09-20-2016), Notorious (10-10-2016), Ommadawn (09-20-2016), Oppelia (09-19-2016), Ricky (09-19-2016), S1lent (09-19-2016), Saiyan (09-19-2016), TomasEdison (09-19-2016), Traumatiser (09-19-2016)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    make thread colorful too much text to read make it retard-friendly thank you

4. The following 7 users say thank you to Taint for this useful post:

Bunny (09-19-2016), Damp (09-19-2016), gunzsam (09-20-2016), Modal (09-19-2016), Oppelia (09-19-2016), Ricky (09-19-2016)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Wonder if there will be someone using a more up-to-date code source and transfer GunZ as a whole into the new more secure code to make the game more secure and stable.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Wonder if there will be someone using a more up-to-date code source and transfer GunZ as a whole into the new more secure code to make the game more secure and stable.
    This is something I started on a few weeks ago. It's the lowest priority of all of my current projects, but it is there. I've been rewriting the game in Unreal Engine 4. So far the working functions are basic movement & dashing.

7. The following user said thank you to Modal for this useful post:

Bunny (09-19-2016)

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Dope, as long as the server isn't going like a particular server where our privacy is invaded then good job, FGunZ seems to have the strongest of developers left on GunZ coding for them and the future seems bright. Hoping to see the release of the mythical V8 this year too.

9. The following 2 users say thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Jonathan pls (09-20-2016), Modal (09-19-2016)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Keep up the good work~!

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Dope, as long as the server isn't going like a particular server where our privacy is invaded then good job, FGunZ seems to have the strongest of developers left on GunZ coding for them and the future seems bright. Hoping to see the release of the mythical V8 this year too.
    Retaining privacy is really important to all of you, I'm sure. It's important to me as well. I wouldn't want games I play to know every little thing about me either. However, there are things being implemented that while they let you retain your privacy, they let us make sure that we're providing as fair of an environment as we can given the current situation.

Multiple features have been written, but after conversation between devs, have been ultimately scrapped due to us understanding that player privacy is important. and big biceps are importanter
    Last edited by Modal; 09-19-2016 at 12:33 AM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    This is something I started on a few weeks ago. It's the lowest priority of all of my current projects, but it is there. I've been rewriting the game in Unreal Engine 4. So far the working functions are basic movement & dashing.
    Great, I mean the game looks itself do not need to change (well maybe just the light environment and shading or so).
    It is just that you could keep the game itself but in a more stable underground with more possible features, structure and everything.

I am willing to help out when it comes the the naming of the files of maps, folders, textures and all that shit (so it is also clean on the inside when it comes to organising).

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Great, I mean the game looks itself do not need to change (well maybe just the light environment and shading or so).
    It is just that you could keep the game itself but in a more stable underground with more possible features, structure and everything.

I am willing to help out when it comes the the naming of the files of maps, folders, textures and all that shit (so it is also clean on the inside when it comes to organising).
    That'd be something I'd love help with. As I said, it's really a huge side-project that I kinda just hack away on in free time when I'm bored and have nothing else to do. Or when I'm dead in duels. Which is a lot.

Maybe it'll turn into one of those side-projects that I randomly just put a shit ton of work into. We'll see I guess. But I'm not sure if that'd be FG related. That's up to Dave and McSic, but I obviously can't comment in their place.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hexpresso View Post
    That'd be something I'd love help with. As I said, it's really a huge side-project that I kinda just hack away on in free time when I'm bored and have nothing else to do. Or when I'm dead in duels. Which is a lot.

Maybe it'll turn into one of those side-projects that I randomly just put a shit ton of work into. We'll see I guess. But I'm not sure if that'd be FG related. That's up to Dave and McSic, but I obviously can't comment in their place.
    Let me know some day in the future and hand over that client you will be using so I can give some of my effort back to the GunZ community, I believe an organised client would help the developers of the future/ who ever will use it if it will be a thing a lot.
    Cause what I currently have is just unorganised shit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information