Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    BARBARR's Avatar hi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by #1Chef View Post
    UI, weapons, game modes, room tags, maps just to name a few of the changes between current and v7 apart from the hitbox. Did you even bother to think before typing bar?
    Ui - nobody cares
    weapons - what weapons? grenade launchers massive launchers or what ever they called never seen one guy using them ingame
    mode- ? people still playing training rooms / tdms / cws so kinda irrelevant to mention modes aswell
    maps - people still play hall / town / garden
    do u want me to continue >

2. The following 3 users say thank you to BARBARR for this useful post:

Camel (08-05-2018), Canpai (08-05-2018), Tzunami best0 (08-06-2018)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by BARBARR View Post
    Ui - nobody cares
    weapons - what weapons? grenade launchers massive launchers or what ever they called never seen one guy using them ingame
    mode- ? people still playing training rooms / tdms / cws so kinda irrelevant to mention modes aswell
    maps - people still play hall / town / garden
    do u want me to continue >
    Please do. I love reading what you type just as much as you do.

Notorious's Avatar Khangus Khan

Thanks
    Taking on board everything I've read from players from past and present here's what I've come up with.

Hitboxes - Revert them back, this isn't a modern day game, therefore GunZ relies on it's player base solely from players who's played GunZ in the past therefore they've grew a custom to the square/cylinder type hitboxes. Don't change what wasn't broken to begin with within the GunZ community.

[IA] [R] - Bring them back, it would appear that the skill levels of some users who left/quit didn't hold the ability to pick their shots or even self reload meaning they relied highly on those two tags in particular in order to enjoy playing. For "skilled" players yes it was annoying because it encouraged spam, but these tags for them just made it easier for them so eh win, win I suppose, plus they were only applicable to public rooms.

Daggers - Dagger ranges need re-evaluating, from what I've read the current dagger ranges make D-Styling near pointless. Refer to this thread.

Shotguns - Remove the categories and make a re-balance, I believe the following to be good;

Low level: 7 dmg, 1050 delay / 5 clip.
    Mid level stats: 8 dmg, 1050 delay / 5 clip.
    High level stats: 9 dmg, 1050 delay / 5 clip

Donation stats: 9 dmg, 900 delay / 5 clip
    Limit Breaker: 10 dmg, 950 delay / 5 clip
    Limit Breaker X: 9 dmg, 950 delay / 6 clip

Server need's to be less of a P2W, by making high level in-store shotguns the same damage as donation shotguns it'll encourage players to level to the 85+ mark in order to be on somewhat of a level playing field as a donation player if they were using standard donation shotguns, of course the delay will be slightly less because as a donation item they need to hold some advantage over regular shotguns.

Limitbreakers will always remain the BEST shotgun due to the rarity and amounts spent for these shotguns, however the stats of these shotguns don't put you at a MASSIVE advantage over high level shotguns / donation shotguns. Plus it's too late to remove them completely from the game because the refunds will be too much, so at this point the only thing that can be done it balancing them to not be too overpowered.
    Last edited by Notorious; 08-05-2018 at 07:07 PM.

5. The following 3 users say thank you to Notorious for this useful post:

Daniel (08-06-2018), TriHard (08-05-2018), Zeus (08-05-2018)

BARBARR's Avatar hi

Country
    Thanks
    Regarding the hitboxes u cant change something that people been used to for like 10 years its like if Counter strike removed spray patterns or some kind of that stuff , u cant change the game mechanics

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Let's just say I did point out that s1lent was the one that actually wrecked the server with what he did (I did say in the staff chat it wasn't gonna increase the player count but rather kill it), I get that you're grateful towards his contribution but I did say it was not gonna be a successful "project" from his side, whatever was made in V8 is not good enough, you can erase a mistake easily and revert back to the good old days where V7 was at, V8 only has a good anti lead, other than that the hitbox is garbage and weapons aren't balanced.
    Thank you. Remember the double rifles and how we disagreed, you wanted to remove them and I wanted to keep them? Well before release of v8 (which was possibly 9 months later) I actually agreed with you and suggested in dev chat with the admins that we remove them like you suggested. It was turned down though by admins. Of course you probably weren't told about this.

The balance of the weapons seemed off when you actually played and as I recall saying in developer chat it just didn't feel fun and I wasn't sure if it just because gunz felt old to me or if we needed to do something different. Essentially I gave up on trying to find a fun balance pre v8 release because some wouldn't allow anything other than what they decided, so I said screw it and told them fine do what you want with the weapons and other balance. Well they did.

To any admin that would say to me something along the lines of "These are the stats you provided originally" does not mean they were final or fun, but needed to be tested and changed accordingly.

In the end the admins decide.

None of this really matters anymore though. It's almost been a year since V8. Just sharing though.
    Last edited by S1lent; 08-05-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Canpai's Avatar 🎶🎶🎶 Music 🎶🎶🎶

Country
    Thanks
    Before Launching V8 I think there must be BETA version of V8 to see if People Like the Changes or not

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Canany View Post
    I think there must be BETA version of V8 to see if People Like the Changes or not
    There was. Go look on the golden section.
    Pretty sure it was even in list of servers. VIP server or something.
    Last edited by S1lent; 08-05-2018 at 07:17 PM.

10. The following user said thank you to S1lent for this useful post:

Canpai (08-05-2018)

Canpai's Avatar 🎶🎶🎶 Music 🎶🎶🎶

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    There was. Go look on the golden section.
    Ohh Leme check I havent check That My Mistake

Rain's Avatar Reality, What is?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by S1lent View Post
    Thank you. Remember the double rifles and how we disagreed, you wanted to remove them and I wanted to keep them? Well before release of v8 (which was possibly 9 months later) I actually agreed with you and suggested in dev chat with the admins that we remove them like you suggested. It was turned down though by admins. Of course you probably weren't told about this.

The balance of the weapons seemed off when you actually played and as I recall saying in developer chat it just didn't feel fun and I wasn't sure if it just because gunz felt old to me or if we needed to do something different. Essentially I gave up on trying to find a fun balance pre v8 release because some wouldn't allow anything other than what they decided, so I said screw it and told them fine do what you want with the weapons and other balance. Well they did.

To any admin that would say to me something along the lines of "These are the stats you provided originally" does not mean they were final or fun, but needed to be tested and changed accordingly.

In the end the admins decide.

Last edited by Rain; 08-05-2018 at 07:18 PM.

13. The following 2 users say thank you to Rain for this useful post:

-AznNinja (08-07-2018), Canpai (08-05-2018)

Suggestion Gatekeeper

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Canany View Post
    Ohh Leme check I havent check That My Mistake
    Back in 2016. https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...s-and-Progress

Then later in 2017
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...V8-VIP-Release

Those are your betas, they even held an event because they could barely get the community to try it.
    Last edited by S1lent; 08-05-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information