steph too heavty h4h4h4huh8hree
    Here is the reason threads get closed.

2. The following user said thank you to 1mike1 for this useful post:

Again (11-05-2013)

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    No that's no reason thats just a dude that wants some attention, there are forum moderators for some reason right? this community isn't 100% serious about threads like this so there will ALWAYS be ppl doing that.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Mods can just remove that post.

I don't even know why grave digging is being brought up, but something must be wrong with the people saying that. This isn't about grave digging, nor about the automatically closing threads that aren't replied in for 2 weeks. Don't bring up useless arguments already. It's about fresh threads being closed too soon, closing without reason which I feel happens a bit too often. All I'm asking is whether or not people agree with it, and what might be the solution. I'm not saying threads are supposed to be left open forever, I'm not saying mods shouldn't close any thread whatsoever. I'm just saying, that it might be happening a bit too often. So maybe, for future actions, mods can take the communities vote into consideration and maybe clean up some spammers instead of locking everything straight away.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Mods can just remove that post.

I don't even know why grave digging is being brought up, but something must be wrong with the people saying that. This isn't about grave digging, nor about the automatically closing threads that aren't replied in for 2 weeks. Don't bring up useless arguments already. It's about fresh threads being closed too soon, closing without reason which I feel happens a bit too often. All I'm asking is whether or not people agree with it, and what might be the solution. I'm not saying threads are supposed to be left open forever, I'm not saying mods shouldn't close any thread whatsoever. I'm just saying, that it might be happening a bit too often. So maybe, for future actions, mods can take the communities vote into consideration and maybe clean up some spammers instead of locking everything straight away.
    Now you are just making no sense at all. This thread of yours is the succession of Mara's correct? May I quote the first posts of his thread.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Threads are open forums for discussion, stop closing them so prudently. I've seen threads be revitalized after 3 years, I just started a thread asking why they close threads so much, and they one word anwser'd me and closed the thread(ironic). Anyways, what's your opinion? Do they close your threads too early? Or for insignificant reasons, like a single troll?
    Three years is a grave dig sir, don't turn this around on me saying that I am bringing up useless discussion, you are the one who made this thread. I agreed that Mara's thread was closed to early but said that grave digging is something I would moderate with or without the automatic closing of threads. My comment is totally relevant. Overall I see this whole thing as another "moderation team vs the world" type deal and it is rather annoying. You want your thread opened, ask for it to be opened. It isn't that difficult; I dealt with it for months with my developer pieces, seeing that they would be closed before I finished a project. (Note I am still in disagreement with the closing of Mara's thread. I am simply stating under ordinary conditions there is no problem in how threads are treated.)
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 11-05-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    to be honest, I think once someone starts typing like a ''14 yer eld'' the thread has gone to shit.
    It's rather sad to see how many people on this forum try to act like they're stupid, as if it is that much fun.

''im br hueheuheeue hheueheuheue im best pro fgunsz since 08' u newgen phuck'' < This is stuff you'll see really, really often. Not nessecarily this sentence but u get the point.
    If I was a mod I wouldn't be bothered with deleting these either, cause posts like these are literally in every thread.

I think closing the thread could ultimately lead to the mods showing other forum visitors that childish behaviour is not tolerated and that their bullshit will eliminate the fun for everyone.
    Too bad a lot of people come here solely to troll and will get a kick out of a thread being closed after writing down a shit ton of bullshit on it.

(I often catch myself acting like a childish doucebag on here too, because it seems like that is just the way to behave. you'll see that this reflects in game too, before I wrote stuff like ''hueheuehe si protetos si el si pro jajaj si'' and was a more serious type I attracted a lot of haters. Now, when I act like a kid a lot more people seem to like me, which I find weird.)
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Now you are just making no sense at all. This thread of yours is the succession of Mara's correct? May I quote the first posts of his thread.

Three years is a grave dig sir, don't turn this around on me saying that I am bringing up useless discussion, you are the one who made this thread. I agreed that Mara's thread was closed to early but said that grave digging is something I would moderate with or without the automatic closing of threads. My comment is totally relevant. Overall I see this whole thing as another "moderation team vs the world" type deal and it is rather annoying. You want your thread opened, ask for it to be opened. It isn't that difficult; I dealt with it for months with my developer pieces, seeing that they would be closed before I finished a project. (Note I am still in disagreement with the closing of Mara's thread. I am simply stating under ordinary conditions there is no problem in how threads are treated.)
    The reason I made this thread was not only because I wanted to state my opinion in the Mara's thread, but also because I've been having this several times now. I never mentioned grave digging or anything like it, it was purely about threads being closed too soon (I don't know how often I'm going to have to repeat this). Bringing grave digging into this discussion seems pretty pointless to me, I agree that old threads are being closed after inactivity of 2 weeks.

I don't understand why you keep thinking it's about older threads being closed, that I can just PM them to re-open them. It's about discussions that just started, and already being shut for no reason.

You calling this some "moderation team vs the world" is quite undermining and pathetic, something you're are probably rather good at. People from time to time have been saying that threads are being locked too often, or for no reason. I'm just trying to point out, once again, that it shouldn't happen that quickly. And if you're getting annoyed by the fact that the "community" is saying something, whether thats 1 person or an entire group, than you should re-consider your function here. I'm not trying to say you're doing a bad job, but honestly if you just go yell out that you think this is some kinda pathetic action from people who are annoyed, than you just don't belong in that position.

The forum is here not only for information but to have discussions with each other, locking them quickly isn't going to help anything. And the reasons given in the past for saying it might just become some spam topic or whatsoever is just plain bullshit. As a moderator you're supposed to guide the conversation the right way, take action upon those who aren't taking any positive influence in the discussion, remove spam and infract flamers. Not just locking it all up to prevent something that might just happen...

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    I'm glad Robert finally made a thread about this since he's the only one the staff actually take seriously. I've made and seen hundreds of threads that get locked in the span of 5minutes to 1 day. It's the biggest piss off too see when people are having a clean good argument or having a nice conversation and the thread gets locked right away because mods don't like what they see. They need to realize it's not what they like or not, it's what the community likes. The only time a thread should be locked if it's going off-topic by FAR, A LOT of flaming, or a thread that people WANT locked.

Lol, I know me and my *****s can relate to this one very well.
    Shoutouts to Lemon, Moh, Bashy, Ekital, Jin, etc.

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    I'm glad Robert finally made a thread about this since he's the only one the staff actually take seriously. I've made and seen hundreds of threads that get locked in the span of 5minutes to 1 day. It's the biggest piss off too see when people are having a clean good argument or having a nice conversation and the thread gets locked right away because mods don't like what they see. They need to realize it's not what they like or not, it's what the community likes. The only time a thread should be locked if it's going off-topic by FAR, A LOT of flaming, or a thread that people WANT locked.

Lol, I know me and my *****s can relate to this one very well.
    Shoutouts to Lemon, Moh, Bashy, Ekital, Jin, etc.
    Cmon Mime..... of course your threads are going to be locked when they look like this

https://freestylersworld.com/showthread.php?60528-lol

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Cmon Mime..... of course your threads are going to be locked when they look like this

https://freestylersworld.com/showthread.php?60528-lol
    Lmfaooooooo, hahahah I don't mind that thread being locked cause it was an obv troll, but instead of Dave getting butthurt he made it funnier. Not too mention Google's abusing his power in that thread to comment when it was already locked. 3333333333333333333

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Adorable's Avatar ALaughIsASmileThatBursts

Thanks
    The thread locks are bleh.

Here's what I don't understand:

When a mod closes a thread, that means the discussion is over because of spam/the answer being given/ ect...
    So, why is it that after mods close threads they feel the need to add their input as if what they say is more superior than what anyone else thinks.

Not naming names or anything, but how is that fair to the rest of the community who may want to reply to what that particular mod just said.

If you are going to close a thread, don't close it with your input as if your opinion is the all powerful right one. That's unfair and in my opinion dictatorial.
    Smile, don't frown. Look up, don't look down. Believe in yourself, don't let yourself go. Just be who you are, and let your life flow.

- Thanks Traumatis3r
    Ingame names:
    ^9Adorable^5 | ^EMirry^A | ^GTinkerer^E
    This is my SIG. Do you see my sig? If you do I hope you don't steal it because if you do, you'll get a big fat kick in the butt.
    Don't cry because it's over, SMILE because it happened.
    R.I.P. Brandon Michael Fritz
    5/14/1996-3/25/2012

Spoiler!

12. The following 2 users say thank you to Adorable for this useful post:

Micah (11-05-2013), slugheady (11-05-2013)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information